X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

12/17 - Sentinel meets with a shrink (Part 1 of 3)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

12/17 - Sentinel meets with a shrink (Part 1 of 3) Empty
PostSubject: 12/17 - Sentinel meets with a shrink (Part 1 of 3)   12/17 - Sentinel meets with a shrink (Part 1 of 3) Empty12/13/2008, 2:08 am

(( Dr. Melfi's XFW card is here ))

~Cut to the Office of The Sentinel. Seated in his office across from his desk is the XFW team psychiatrist Dr. Jennifer Melfi~
The Sentinel: "Your page sounded urgent. Do you have anything to add on Jack's condition?"
Dr. Melfi: "Well, we think that we're making some progress, but I have a few questions to ask you."
The Sentinel: "Okay... like what?"
Dr. Melfi: "Tell me about the last meeting you had with Mr. Power before the incident."
The Sentinel: "Well, there isn't really much to tell. He came into my office, complaining about not being on the PPV card. I tried to reassure him that he was still a valuable part of the company, and that because of... internal problems..."
Dr. Melfi: "...you mean the issue with the one called Jada."
The Sentinel: "The same. Anyway, I told him that because of... that... I gave him the night off. I even tried to tell him about this great bar in Chicago that I knew of so he could take his mind off of the issues here in XFW. He just blew me off and stormed out."
Dr. Melfi: "Mm hm... and what was the last thing he said to you before he left?"
The Sentinel: "I don't know... something about knowing where to go?"
Dr. Melfi: "That's what I thought."
The Sentinel: "What do you mean?"
Dr. Melfi: "Well, apparently, after reconstructing the time leading up to his disappearance and the seemingly random things he's saying, he seems to be reliving the time leading up to the incident in his head. He doesn't seem to be reliving the incident itself, but his mind is clinging to the time immediately prior to it. Some things he says don't match any part of what I've been categorizing, but that may be because they were things he heard when nobody else was around."
The Sentinel: "Have you spoken with Jade?"
Dr. Melfi: "No. She has not made herself available to me, despite repeated requests."
The Sentinel: "Well, don't approach her just yet; Legal is still poring over her contract and the laws involved and trying to determine the best way to deal with her."
Dr. Melfi: "My advice would be not to confront her directly unless you can avoid it. After seeing the footage of what happened, I can definitely say that she is unstable and dangerous, at least when the Jada persona is in charge."
The Sentinel: "I'd like to see Jack before his match tonight."
Dr. Melfi: "I still can't believe you're still making him go out there in his state. He may be able to physically hold his own, but mentally, I truly believe -- and this is my professional opinion -- that sending him out with him like this is doing further damage to his mind. You keep working him like this, and the lasting effects may be catastrophic."
The Sentinel: "Do you know why I like being in charge?"
Dr. Melfi: "Um... excuse me?"
The Sentinel: (slower, as though talking to a child) "Do you know why I like being in charge?"
Dr. Melfi: "Are you asking my professional opinion..."
Thje Sentinel: "It's because I can ignore opinions like yours. You see, I have a business to run. And Jack Power is one of the key parts of that business. If he doesn't show, I lose fans. And when I lose fans, I lose money. And when I lose money, I have to make cuts, like, (sarcastically) oh, I don't know, a certain team psychiatrist?"
~Dr. Melfi just stares at him, in shock~
The Sentinel: "I'm glad we understand each other. Now get out of my office. I expect to be able to talk with Jack in a while, so make sure he's ready."
~Dr. Melfi stands up and storms out. Just before she leaves the room, she turns back~
Dr. Melfi: "Just so you know, anything that happens to him is on your hands. If his mind collapses, he won't be able to do anything but stare and drool. If, by some miracle, he improves, I'd expect a lawsuit. Either way, you still lose money. Explain that to your 'fans'."
~Dr. Melfi slams the door behind her as she leaves~

Last edited by TheSentinel on 12/13/2008, 12:15 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding XFW card. Use it, please?)
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com

12/17 - Sentinel meets with a shrink (Part 1 of 3)
Page 1 of 1