X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SD!vs RAW 2009

Go down 
+4
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*
TheDominator
Morbiddistruction
Dark Ryder
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*
XFE Hall of Famer
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*

Male
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-04-27

SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/13/2008, 3:48 pm

From everything I've read, it seems like THQ has over-hyped this game too much.

Other than the 'Road To WrestleMania' mode, it seems a lot of the other new features appear quite limited.

The create-a-finisher option sounded great when announced but apparently it is limited to using just a few combinations that already exist in the game and you are more than unlikely to be able to create most of the finishers that you had at first imagined.

The main problem is the fact they have done little to nothing in the way of how the game plays and it is in a sense the same game as last year.

THQ feel that by chucking in an Inferno Match (that no-one wanted anyway) and by tarting up tag matches, they'll be able to kid people into buying another SmackDown game that will leave us all bored after about 2-3 hours.

For shame Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/13/2008, 3:55 pm

I have a friend that has got this game and he also has svr 2008 and i played that at his place a while ago but back then he only had 1 controller since the other 1 was broken, but now he has 2009 and the other controller is fixed, and i am probably going to play the game tomorrow with him, i am looking forward to do tag team together (if the tag team matches are as good as THQ says the are then i am going to have a lot of fun lol! )
Back to top Go down
Morbiddistruction
XFE Hall of Famer
Morbiddistruction

Male
Number of posts : 458
Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/13/2008, 5:04 pm

*'Mr. Saturday Night'* wrote:
From everything I've read, it seems like THQ has over-hyped this game too much.

Other than the 'Road To WrestleMania' mode, it seems a lot of the other new features appear quite limited.

The create-a-finisher option sounded great when announced but apparently it is limited to using just a few combinations that already exist in the game and you are more than unlikely to be able to create most of the finishers that you had at first imagined.

The main problem is the fact they have done little to nothing in the way of how the game plays and it is in a sense the same game as last year.

THQ feel that by chucking in an Inferno Match (that no-one wanted anyway) and by tarting up tag matches, they'll be able to kid people into buying another SmackDown game that will leave us all bored after about 2-3 hours.

For shame Evil or Very Mad

Yah... i myself was pumped for the Inferno match cause im HEEL no matter what and i what would to burn somone severly in a match would be great.... but i have now beat Kane, Undertaker, Khali, and Big Daddy V all in the Inferno match in under 3 minutes... its too easy and not fun all you do is make 1 part of there body red pull them to the ropes and throw them over and thats the match... its basicly a over to top singles match up...

The tag match's ill have to say are a little better... saying last years was a 3 star match now its a 4 star i like the freedom in it that way when your tag'd out you can actually move... and you can force your partner to tag if there too close to you just grap them and you tag yourself in... but other than that still boring.. the only thing thats is a LITTLE more exciting is the Tag-Team specials

Create a Superstar is ok this year and the graphics are alot better the 1 thing i hate is that my mohawk actually moves around like loose hair when i walk or run and it just looks really crappy..

Create a Finisher i was over excited for this... to find out you can basicly only create bombs, drivers, slams, and stunners... with the 2 back cracker and code breaker acceptions.. i was hoping to make a finisher at the turnbuckle or on the ground but they have to be in the lock up position.

i personally dont like the new single's camera i think it sucks... personally

They got rid of my play ground... that little corner in the back of the arenas... i use to beat the DoDo out of everyone back there i loved that little zone of carnage

The locker room and backstage brawls are DoDo.... i hated the one on last years game and i hate this years..

Falls Count Anywhere... it has to be in the Arena... still... i wish they'd make it like they did on Smackdown 2: Know Your Role where you can actually roam back stage, and out in time square beating the DoDo out of wrestlers and throwing into passing cars... then taking them to the bar to have a nice "Cold One"...

But i guess... Over all ill give this game a 5/10star but still thats just my opinion
Back to top Go down
Morbiddistruction
XFE Hall of Famer
Morbiddistruction

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/13/2008, 5:05 pm

O_o; wow... that has to be the LONGEST rant i have every done on Any subject.... DoDo if school was about wrestling i would of been an A student instead of a drop out Razz!
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/14/2008, 10:04 am

Create a Finisher is ok but not as good as I tought it was basically all the end impacts are going to end up like any other move in the game.

Oh and also the new camera angle is so damn annoying!! I have so much trouble just trying to irish whip someone on the table when outside the ring they zoom in so freaken close.

(BTW finisher I made was a chokeslam backbreaker (chokeslam on your knee) followed by the implant buster/angels wins)
Back to top Go down
Morbiddistruction
XFE Hall of Famer
Morbiddistruction

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/14/2008, 4:30 pm

Nice my finisher i call it "A Morbid Choke" and i upper cut the guy kick him in his cheast then i grab him like a chokeslam then i do the slit throat with thumb then finish with the chokeslam

i also have one where i grab the guy in the same chokeslam position and i slit my throat again with the tumb then i turn it into a tombstone piledriver pin

then for my cruiserweight i made one that starts with a blunt elbow to the face then i do the poison mist then pull him into a pile driver position then end it with a Texan Destroyer Impact / Pin =P calling it the Psycho Driver lol

but still the CAF could of been alot better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/14/2008, 5:22 pm

I got to say that I actually like this game:

The gameplay is faster and that was needed, since they slowed it last year

Sometimes i got myself beating the AI quickly and sometimes the AI almost win

Tag team match are very cool, since the Ai is smarter this year bc when your doing your finisher your partner is already attacking the opponents and the opponent are smarter too. If you play a 6 man tag team match you will find hard to win the match since there is another guy on the corner to interrupt your count

LMS - This year the LMS is really hard to win, I already played it and I did D01 vs Randy Orton and i give 3 D01 Driver Bomb and 4 Ganso Bombs and he still wake up. My caw has 60 Over

That brings me to the CAW mode, the CAW mode is a little better, maybe because it's the first time I make a CAW on the PS3, but the CAW actually looked good, the bad part of CAW mode is that you got to take him trough Career Mode to boost his stats and get the abilities, some guys may found this good other like guys who make 30 CAW will find this boring, but THQ already announced a patch coming on the end of January, where you can put the attributes freely

RTW - Very good. I hope they keep this for next years game (if THQ extends the cotract) and improve it a little.
Here's what I think of the stories

Triple H - As most of them a good story where you decide between DX and Evolution. 4

CM Punk - A little boring and makes no sense at some point, to the ones who play it they know what I'm talking about, despite that and the challenges they offer in the middle 3

John Cena - The beginning is a little bad, but despite that the story is good, follow by the special matches and the good touch of let the flag on the ring 3.5

Undertaker - A good story, but kind of unrealistic, but I still like the match where you control Santino 3

Chris Jericho - The best story for me, I will not add nothing, because 1 minor thing that I say about the story and takes all the fun 4.5

Batista/Rey - For the first Co-op story not bad, but not too good neither, at beginning you will fight random matches for no reason, and then at the end you receive 2 message from the guys that you have been feuding, but then nothing happens 3

Putting the challengers in the middle it makes it more fun

Career Mode- nothing special, you just do random matches go for the titles etc. Only good if you go with a CAW in my opinion

CAF - In my opinion I think it's cool, but It can be very improved, not only on being able to do finishers from other position, but also adding a few more endings

Inferno - It's boring, but I still prefer Inferno then buried Alive

Highlight Reel - I didn't use it yet, but from what I saw online nothing special, I hope they improve this to let us put the videos to CAT(Create a Titatron)

*My fingers hurt*

Since the gameplay it's a lot better this year I'll give this a 8.3/10
Back to top Go down
Morbiddistruction
XFE Hall of Famer
Morbiddistruction

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/14/2008, 5:55 pm

yah i waisted my time making a video =P thinking it was for a CAT lol that sucked but hell... i gotta a pretty cool video now... o_O;

Re: Undertaker's RTW: You can control Santino or Finlay who ever you have the fight with before i had Finlay that i had to control, you need to go do it again and this time control finlay to unlock his Alt costume now lol... i hate going back -.- i had to redo the Triple H to get all Evolution stuff...

i agree also that Chris Jehrico's RTW was by far the best in my opinion alot more fun to play

Triple H's was kinda Stuff... i mean DX Vs Evolution (if you reunite DX) that was not as fun as i thought... and the DX prank... boring... already seen it... and when you reunite Evolution... you dont even get Batista or flair... its just you and ortan except the HBK Vs Randy, HHH, Batista match thats about it... Flair is never in the matchups.. but you unlock him after you beat the evolution story
Back to top Go down
Morbiddistruction
XFE Hall of Famer
Morbiddistruction

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/14/2008, 6:45 pm

TheDominator wrote:

Oh and also the new camera angle is so damn annoying!! I have so much trouble just trying to irish whip someone on the table when outside the ring they zoom in so freaken close.

you can wrestle with my fave match (ECW Rules) the camera angle on there is like last years
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/15/2008, 4:50 am

[quote="TheDominator"]Oh and also the new camera angle is so damn annoying!! I have so much trouble just trying to irish whip someone on the table when outside the ring they zoom in so freaken close.

Yeah I hate the new camera angles too
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/15/2008, 5:21 am

I like how on the ladder matches you can make 1 ladder lean on the other and do what Shelton Benjamin did in the first ladder match Very Happy

You know run up the ladder and then clothesline Chris Jericho off the ladder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/15/2008, 6:03 am

that's on the game since SD vs Raw 2007
Back to top Go down
slugger
XFE Hall of Famer
slugger

Male
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/15/2008, 8:08 am

and on da 08 version 2
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/16/2008, 3:35 am

You serious!?!?!

After all this time I had no freaken clue.
Back to top Go down
Morbiddistruction
XFE Hall of Famer
Morbiddistruction

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/16/2008, 3:34 pm

Lol yah its been there for a while now =P its hard to actually get it set up at the start but once you get use to how to position the ladders you can get it just right
Back to top Go down
slugger
XFE Hall of Famer
slugger

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/17/2008, 3:09 am

i hate the camera angles to its so hard to get wrestlers on 2 da announce table sometimes
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/17/2008, 4:57 am

I have no freaken idea were the hell I am outside of the ring because of that stupid camera angle. By the time I irish whip someone on the table the ref is near the 10 count.
Back to top Go down
ultimo guerrero
XFE Hall of Famer
ultimo guerrero

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/17/2008, 1:43 pm

I've been testing the demo and i think it's very similar to 2008. Good points: creating your own finisher (canīt wait to create my Slammer and Adios
Amigo) Bad points: slams doesn't look or sound half hard as they did in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 3:39 am

I've downloaded SvR2009 on my DS using my R4 and it is absalutely awful and THQ in the unlikely event that your reading this post listen to me closely - STOP USING THE STYLUS AS A CONTROL SYSTEM IN THE DS VERSIONS OF YOUR WRESTLING GAMES!!

Whats worse is the game still uses the D-Pad to control your wrestler but you must draw a circle to tie up and draw a line to punch which is very unresponsive.

Can anyone tell me if the Wii version uses the same method?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 12:09 pm

I've played the game at my friends house, and i liked it but that is just because i like wrestling and i like to beat up (or get beated up) by my friend (only in game lol) but i only hate it that it isn't on pc, because i don't have a game console, i would like to buy when (especially now because xbox 360 is so cheap now) but my mom doesn't allow me (i know i sound very childish right now lol)
but i would like to see the game on pc (it ain't going to happen i know)

but i liked the game itself, CAF is kinda cool, and CAW is too and ofcourse playing with friends is really cool
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/19/2008, 3:03 am

Whatever you do, don't get the DS version as the control system uses the stylus too much (which is a shame as everything else including the graphics are good).
Back to top Go down
slugger
XFE Hall of Famer
slugger

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/20/2008, 12:30 am

my most fav RTW storyline is cm punk withjerchico in a very close second now i have 2 do all them over again to get all other unlockables
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/29/2008, 6:14 am

Here's my D01 driver bom formula if anyone wants to use it

Powerbomb Clutch (100%) --> Angry Cutthroat Gesture (150%) --> Powerbomb Clutch 3 (100%) --> Powerbomb Lift (100%) --> The last ride lift (125%) --> Lift Piledriver Clutch 02 (150%) --> Step Piledriver impact (150%)
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty11/29/2008, 6:35 am

I might try it if I do feel like renting it again sicne I didn't get to finish of the Chris Jericho storyline. Oh and I might also send my chokeslam backbreaker followed by an underhook sit-out Dominator.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SD!vs RAW 2009   SD!vs RAW 2009 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SD!vs RAW 2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2