X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reset - Need your input

Go down 
+7
TheSentinel
DANTE
Diamond Troy Justice
Jade
DieHard
Jeremy
QuanBeast
11 posters

Should Quan get reset a skills and moves reset?
Yes - he can only get better
Reset - Need your input I_vote_lcap82%Reset - Need your input I_vote_rcap
 82% [ 9 ]
No - keep the original and best
Reset - Need your input I_vote_lcap18%Reset - Need your input I_vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male
Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Reset - Need your input Empty
PostSubject: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 12:05 pm

Due to a recent windfall in TPs. I am now tempted to reste Quan and get him 'fixed'. Wink

I had alwasy sworn not to do this, but am now seriously tempted.

Also I f am goign to do this, any tips for getting the most out of it?
Back to top Go down
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_wrestling
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male
Number of posts : 1341
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 12:20 pm

I also swore not to do the reset but i did and i was so glad i did as i am now a lot more competitive. Can't give you any tips sorry as i not a balanced character and have no idea about those builds.
Back to top Go down
http://oceaniawrestling.forumotion.net/forum.htm
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 12:26 pm

Dude, everyone is doing it. Don't get left behind.

I did it and am better for it.
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 12:42 pm

I'd say do the reset, heck, if not for the skills, do it for the cash lol! I'll eventually reset this build, but only for the cash since I made this balanced before resetting was an option and it's my best build yet lol.

As for tips, well, you kick my little heiny as it is! But seriously, with the load of cash, you should know what you are going to level up and to what level on moves first before buying anything special like SA's or entrances. Set aside a little time to since upgrading moves is tedious (as anybody who reset can tell you)
Back to top Go down
Diamond Troy Justice

Diamond Troy Justice

Male
Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 12:44 pm

I just reset DTJ and I build him back using my character from EOW as a mold and i think he's better, but lol ya'll still kill me anyway
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 12:57 pm

As Jade says.. once you're done, the extra cash comes in very handy! Just organize yourself first.

Know what moves you're going to buy back and where you're going to level them to, do the same with your stats.
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 12:59 pm

OK. Its on. If I balls this up though I will blame you lot.

Quan Mk 2 coming up!!!
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 4:55 pm

Well that took ages.

Skills sorted, with nothign wasted on pin bonus or extra AB (versa gets loads of this anyway).
DD, DR and SC all increased.
Base stamina and HP increased.
More block.
More initiative.

Have fewer moves as my stats limit some possitions but now have the likes of Cradle Piledriver and Front Face Neckbreaker which should level up nicely over time. Also a new Tradmark built on the Cradle Piledriver.

Re-leveling my good moves took ages!! Now need to decide what to do with 200k of FEs. 22 extra levels of entrances maybe.

Far fewer sub moves were availabel to me so Quan is now a much more damage oriented build. Lets hope that is not a bad mistake.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male
Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 6:01 pm

get at least 10 entrances, if not all.
Just save a few in case of a rainy day.
Very Happy

My vote goes to Entrance though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xforcewrestling.synthasite.com/index.php
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 9:17 pm

I decided to go ahead with a reset as well. I'm still not done.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 1387

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/2/2009, 11:34 pm

I voted yes and I will say why

You don't neccesarily have to change anything about your character, put the points exactly back where you had them if you find your build great, but then you can pick and chose what moves you want, and so have a selection of the best moves with added money and hours of training. And so you can lvl up better moves higher then you had them originally and with the left over fe's you can put them into entrances. Its pretty much what i did, ended up getting 7 entrances out of it, which i found to be a useful investment. Anyways thats just my input
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 12:00 am

I underwent a second reset; made myself leaner and meaner and even had enough left to but a 4-pack of entrances!
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 1:57 am

Like dark said, when I reset, it will simply be for the cash. I'd like to think my build works though, but I could be wrong. I've been full versa from the start, but I *could* change a few things when I reset but i'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 2:10 am

Reseting was nothing but succesful for me. I got like 20 extra entrances or more, my build is way better and I have a much more effective move set I mean I doubt most of those mortal/hardcore/legendary normal moves I do was from 50-70% DDI.

It seems like the reset has helped everybody out. Altough I will be honest with you Quan....a lot of balanced wrestlers I have seen only come out worse then they were before.
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 10:29 am

TheDominator wrote:
..a lot of balanced wrestlers I have seen only come out worse then they were before.

This is what I was worried about. At the moment there seems to be little change. Before the reset my wrestlers score was in the low 46,000's and is now hovering in the high 46,000's. So no revolution.

My move set is now certinaly more glamourous. But also contains some horribly weak moves in positions where I have no valid replacments.

I redirected a bunch of stats to move my versatility up to level 41 (max for my current stats). Just need 2 more levels of versa to have the full versatility move set. Which then means I can finalise my trademarks and worry about other stats.

Have been able to add 12 levels of entrances and may use the rest of the money for 13 more. Allthough I am tempted by buying a gym upgrade to see if it carries a big advantage.
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 12:21 pm

Yeah, full versa isn't as great as people think. Unless you go full versa yourself, you won't see the insane amount of holes you begin to have in your build. For the record, yes I am a full versa build, but it's weird to the max, like, helpers even wonder how it works lol.

Versa takes basically half your points of each stat / level. So for stat level 35, you have to set aside out of the 70 points you get, 35; so you only get 35 to actually play with on the actual stat. That's flippin' hard lol, i can do a lot more with the 70 for sure.

Remember, it takes like 1-3 days for the reset to take full hold for some odd reason, not sure if it has to do with data stream to the game or what.
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 12:28 pm

Jade wrote:

Remember, it takes like 1-3 days for the reset to take full hold for some odd reason, not sure if it has to do with data stream to the game or what.

This lag is noticable in other areas. I think it is to do with the database that the game is built on.

For example you only get notifications about move leveling up if you go into the 'trinaing moves' screen. You dont have to trian anything and your moves have quietly leveled up in the background but you dont get a message about it until activating that screen. I think this is an example of triggers that occur in the system.

if it is anything like the datasbes I run then there a re loads of stored procedured for updating and ocrrecting data that only happen daily or weekly overnight.

Versa takes great discipline to save for. I am regualry tempted to spend the points on something else. But it does yeild some hot moves and you can have a stab at all 4 level titles.
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 1:35 pm

TheSentinel wrote:
I decided to go ahead with a reset as well. I'm still not done.

Are both of these trademarks new? I didnt recognise thier names?

The Sentinel lifts his opponent on his back crossing the legs with his own legs
and closes his arms with his own to throw him down performing a light My Way Or The Highway!!
[Special Dodging activated for The Sentinel]
The Sentinel grabs Quan's hair
The Sentinel tucks Quan's head in his armpit
then he leaps down onto his back, swinging his legs forward, bending
Quan, and driving him down to the mat face first, executing a strong Don't Cross The Boss!!
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 3:23 pm

They are fairly new, I've had them for about a month now. They usually hit harder than that though.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Darth Clay
XFE Hall of Famer
Darth Clay

Male
Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/3/2009, 11:58 pm

I so no dont do it.. I like beating on you the way you are now...hehehe...
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/4/2009, 10:52 am

darthclay wrote:
I so no dont do it.. I like beating on you the way you are now...hehehe...

From just 2 minutes ago.

Quan
tries a pinning maneuver
Referee starts counting...
QUAN WINS THE MATCH AND DEFEATS DARTH CLAY !!!!

Smug mode = on. Razz
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/5/2009, 2:01 pm

So I would say. After 4 days. Quan is about 1% stronger after his rebuild. I am hoping however that he is a much better platform. I know where I will distribute future ATs and skills and am sure he will improve steadily in the near future.

The biggest bonus of the rebuild however is that I am now on 140 levels of entrances (7 orange stars). So ATs will be easier to come by.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/5/2009, 6:11 pm

I kinda noticed the same after my reset... the build isn't better, but not all that much, and the credit I got in FE and time it took to upgrade moves I didn't buy back was well worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/8/2009, 6:10 pm

just underwent a reset and am definately worse off now than i was before
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty2/8/2009, 6:37 pm

Give it a day or so to settle, first. I found the same after day 1, but then it seemed to be ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reset - Need your input   Reset - Need your input Empty

Back to top Go down

Reset - Need your input
Page 1 of 1