X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Restart or reset (again)

Go down 
+4
Jeremy
SaintPatrik
slugger
JPower
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Restart or reset (again) Empty
PostSubject: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/15/2011, 4:09 pm

I'm facing a crossroads.

I have no idea what to do with this character.

I've literally exhausted all possible storylines involving this character. I feel like Eric Young, except I already did the concussion storyline - and did so much better than they did with EY, IMBAO.

So, here I stand, with severe writer's block, three attempts at a reset, a character I leveled up way too quickly so I'm stuck forever in the dregs of level 30, and just under two years' worth of supporter.

So, I'd like your advice: Should I do a full restart, and do it right from the beginning, or should I save up my TP's for yet another stat reset?

Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
slugger
XFE Hall of Famer
slugger

Male
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/15/2011, 9:53 pm

Why not just have a name change? And change all trademarks and finishers and then you can pretend your a whole new character and start again in XFE
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/15/2011, 10:17 pm

Maybe I should take a break from feds for a while. Recharge my batteries.

Going right from OcW to XFE was probably a mistake.

Anyway, I'll probably try one more stat reset and go from there. A restart would make me lose all my entrances.

My char is 60; I don't know if age will ever affect my ability, but if it does, I'm screwed.

Anyway; I'll probably take a break once my contract ends.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 12:51 am

Clarify: after next season. Didn't realize my contract ended tomorrow...
Back to top Go down
SaintPatrik
XFE Hall of Famer
SaintPatrik

Male
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 3:45 am

Sell your entrances for 20 TPs to get all your money back (which I THINK you can do), then do a restart with another class. That's what I would do. because you do get to keep your fantas, don't you...?

I just realised that I know close to nothing about this. Please disregard my comment. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male
Number of posts : 1341
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 3:54 am

SaintPatrik wrote:
Sell your entrances for 20 TPs to get all your money back (which I THINK you can do), then do a restart with another class. That's what I would do. because you do get to keep your fantas, don't you...?

I just realised that I know close to nothing about this. Please disregard my comment. Laughing

You don't get to keep your FE or your TP's and have to start from scratch.
Back to top Go down
http://oceaniawrestling.forumotion.net/forum.htm
Goliathus
XFE Hall of Famer
Goliathus

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 8:10 am

I personally am against a restart. It sucks for me as I actually played this game twice before Goliathus, so that was like 2 restarts technically and it sucks to need to build again. Stat reset is the way to go or be creative:

1. Change your gimmick.
2. Think of more storyline.

Writer's block sucks, I know that. Part of the reason I quit the first two characters were that since I play this game for the e-fed experience only. Just take your time off and you will probably regain your mood to write.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male
Number of posts : 1341
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 8:20 am

I might have something that will interest you Jack.... If you can hold off for a bit, I'll give you a briefing...
Back to top Go down
http://oceaniawrestling.forumotion.net/forum.htm
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 12:10 pm

You could always have someone take you out at the end of the season with a serious head injury. When you do come back, despite the same name, you can have a totally different 'character' because of the effects of the head injury. You can play a totally different character for a while and, if/when you get tired of that, doctors can find a miraculous cure/procedure for the issue returning Jack Power to original state.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 12:33 pm

I reckon you should go with Diehards head injury idea and come back with your old master of mayhem gimmick where you kept breaking the 4th wall by claiming that your nothing more than a charcter in a game, none of this is real as it's just words and your creator made you, etc... as that was a good gimmick.
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty5/16/2011, 4:25 pm

I would consider Jeremy's offer first.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Restart or reset (again)   Restart or reset (again) Empty

Back to top Go down

Restart or reset (again)
Page 1 of 1