X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)

Go down 
+2
"The Natural"
Argo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Argo
XFE Hall of Famer
Argo

Male
Number of posts : 771
Registration date : 2009-06-17

WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty
PostSubject: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty4/4/2011, 12:06 am

Wrestlemania starts as it should with Rock getting some time to "Open" the show. The little tribute thing before he came out was a bit wierd but I guess it was a foreshadow for future happenings. Rock as always makes people laugh and is entertaining. He should have had more backstage moments. Only really had the Rock talking with Eve, Mae Young and Stone Cold. I would have loved to see something with him and Santino. The Snoop things was mostly a way to get people on the show nothing else kind of a downer.

Opening Match: Del Rio vs Edge for the World Title... Wait a second the winner of the Royal Rumble not only does not get to Main Event WrestleMania but it opens the match. What the F**K? So honestly I thought the match was good. Del Rio showed that he has skills and talent and everyone knows that Edge is solid and he was tonight just like always. I really liked the Kick to a man standing on the top rope springboarding off the ropes. I really don't understand the way the match ended because of how it was built. The entire story the way I understood it was partially revolving around Christian but he really did not get directly involved outside of taking Brodus out of the match. I really think he should have had more of a direct impact on the match one way or another just the way the match was built. Edge survives the Cross Arm Breaker and Del Rio survives the Edgeicator (Sp?). In the end Edge gets a spear victory, it was kind of anti-climatic to me. After the match them destroying Del Rio's car seemed stupid too because the guys gimick is that he has all kinds of money so 1 car no matter how nice is not really going to upset him that much.

Grudge Match: Cody Rhodes vs Mysterio. I actually liked this match. Oh and Rey gave a mockery to Captain America by being Captain Mexico (The M on the Mask). A constant string of pulling in the story built for the match into it. You have Cody using the mask, removing Rey's Knee Brace, Rey removing the mask, Rey hitting a 619 getting the mask using it on Cody and then Cody using the Knee Brace on Rey to lead to the win. This match kind of goes as an afterthought being a 1 on 1 grudge match with nothing on the line but I still thought it was good.

Eightman Tag: Corre vs Big Show, Kane, Santino and Kofi. This was a waste of time really. Slater was the only member of the Corre to legally get in the match and only Show and Santino for the other team. Not much happens. Show gets in the match breaks down. Santino hits the COBRA and then Show hits the Knock Out punch match over. Not really exciting at all.

Punk vs Orton: Another very good match. Brought the story into the match with Punk working on the knee of Orton throughout the match. Orton fails at hitting a punt because of the knee and then Punk Avoids the RKO because of the injured leg which. Punk goes for a springboard and Randy hits an awesome RKO and Punk is out. Very good match for me and it was entertaining even though I knew Orton would win I still enjoyed it.

King vs Cole: Thank God Austin was there. This was another waste of time in my opinion. Only good parts were Austin Stunning Swagger, Matthews and Booker after the match. Also loved when Austin was making 5 counts and continueing to ask Cole if he wanted to submit while he was tapping out with both hands. King gets the "win" with the Ankle Lock but after the match the Raw GM changes the decision saying the ref was clearing biased. Cole gets the win I guess but who cares Austin was drinking beer and stunning people.

Streak Match: Taker vs HHH. I really enjoyed this match. A number of big moves. I am pretty sure HHH hurt his wrist when he got the backdrop off the table but he stayed with it. Taker went over the top and HHH barely kept Taker from dieing. Taker hits a Chokeslam a Last Ride and a Tombstone but HHH contines to survive. HHH hits 3 pedigree's and a Tombstone on Taker. He also beats him down unmercifully with a chair and Taker continues to kick out. HHH gets the Sledge but is over confident and Taker locks in the Hells Gates. HHH taps which pissed me off. He should have passed out from the move and the ref do the old 3 arm drop check. Taker gets carted out after the match, it should have been both of them but WWE is stupid.

Snookimania match: Snooki Trish and Morrison vs Laycool and Dolph. Another big waste of time. It should have been a great match by Morrison and Dolph but it mostly featured Laycool vs Trish. Morrison hits an awesome Starship from to the outside and Snooki gets the tag, hits 2 moves and gets the pin. Really this match was a great chance to take a crap.

WWE Heavyweight Title: Miz vs Cena. Why in the world was there 20 minutes for both of them to get to the ring? I did not hate the idea but it was too much I thought. I actually thought the match was good as much as I hate to give a Cena match any credit. Cena took a huge beating and continued to survive. Miz survived both an AA and a STF. Cena takes Miz into the crowd and it ends with a Double Count out. It was no surprise shortly after the decision the Rock comes out. The Raw GM tries again to get a word in and the Rock begins to read the laptop till the GM says what he thinks... Bad Idea GM because Rock does not care what you think. During the time the Rock is talking Miz begins to make his way back to the ring. Rock orders the match to continue. Miz is standing at the ring when the match restarts Cena quickly springs up and charges the ring tossing Miz back into the ring. He goes for an AA but Miz escapes and Rock hits the Rock Bottom. Miz gets the pin and retains the belt for the 2nd time in the night. Rock comes back in while Miz is celebrating and Destroys Miz as well. Rock ends the night with an electrified crowd and posing in the ring.

Overall it was not the worst Mania of all time but it also was not one of the best. Very much a middle of the pack mania and maybe more towards the bottom middle. Just I wish they would incorporate more stories into the matches. For the most part the matches that had that I liked but the endings just dont always make sense to me.

Feel free to post your own comments here or respond to mine. Hope everyone at least enjoyed it.
Back to top Go down
"The Natural"
XFE Hall of Famer
WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) 65-65

Male
Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty4/4/2011, 5:32 am

I liked the Mysterio/Rhodes match. I liked the Orton/Punk match. The rest was forgettable. I had to leave during the main event, to get to work on time.

Which takes me to the only match I wanted to see...

I loved the Taker/HHH match. It really told the story. The ending was strange, as I thought HHH should have at least gotten a two count while in Hell's Gate. It would have added to it. I agree about the arm dropping three times. It would have been a nice touch. Lots of big spots, without a lot of preliminary punching and kicking. I liked how they dragged it out. The suspense was killing me. I liked how Taker kept trying to "sit up", but couldn't. The end was kind of cool, showing that HHH took him all the way to the end, almost getting him, and being the closest. Will there even be a 20th match???

Working in TV, I have to say that production was through the roof. Great stage. Awesome vignettes. The entrances were cool. Didn't mind them being long. Mysterio's outfit was cool. Comic book superhero count? 3 now. Daredevil, Flash, and now Capt. America. HHH's entrance was cool too. Him blowing out that last bit of water with the face close-up is always money to me.
Back to top Go down
Goliathus
XFE Hall of Famer
Goliathus

Number of posts : 106
Registration date : 2011-02-13

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty4/8/2011, 9:02 am

I don't freaking know why in this flying world that make Daniel Bryan vs Shaemus a dark match. I am looking forward for that. As for the matches, I liked Taker/HHH(and HHH's entrance is freaking awesome) and Orton/Punk. I personally would like a bit more of build-up for Taker/HHH before their spots and then the ending.
Back to top Go down
SaintPatrik
XFE Hall of Famer
SaintPatrik

Male
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty4/11/2011, 7:48 am

Taker-HHH was amazing, just brilliant. Those two guys are the best storytellers in the ring, and it really showed. Me being a huge fan of HHH, the ending felt slightly bitter, but what can I say - it's The Streak!

I missed a bit of the main event, since I was really drunk, but I really liked what it led to: Cena-Rock at WM 28. Did I mention a mate of mine has an apartment in Miami? Yes, the plan is to try to get tickets! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
"The Natural"
XFE Hall of Famer
WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) 65-65

Male
Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty4/11/2011, 3:15 pm

If you go, we'll have to meet up. I live an hour north of the arena, and will be there too.
Back to top Go down
SaintPatrik
XFE Hall of Famer
SaintPatrik

Male
Number of posts : 613
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty4/13/2011, 4:40 am

I'll be the big, long haired, bearded guy who's too drunk to enter the stadium... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Savvy

Savvy

Male
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty4/17/2011, 12:40 pm

Oh Saint Patrick invite the entire XFE at his mate's miami apartement, Thanks Pat!

What? Pat you offer me ringside place for the showcase of immortals too!

What a nice guy this Patoch!

PS: Showcase of immortals is in my opinion a weird name for Wrestlemania; Wrestlemania doesn't need nickname
Back to top Go down
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*
XFE Hall of Famer
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*

Male
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty5/6/2011, 1:18 pm

Well, I've just this minute finished watching Wrestlemania.

And I have to say, it was pretty damn awful!

WWE has impressed me over the last year, it has focused on building stars for the future such as Sheamus, Drew McIntyre, Daniel Bryan, The Core, The Nexus, Alberto Del Rio, John Morrison, Cody Rhodes and Dolph Ziggler.

All of these wrestlers have had breakthrough years, and have been set-up to be the future of the WWE. And this is what kept me watching throughout the year. It seemed as if WWE finally wanted to push young talent properly.

So, leading up to Mania, I was expecting a great PPV. How wrong I was.

WWE just didn't put any faith in any of the forementioned up and comers.

Del Rio - as Argo pointed out, wins 'the biggest Royal Rumble in history' and is on every show leading up to Mania. WWE have him open the PPV - good match, but a real waste of all the build up to put it so low on the card.

The Core, Morrison + Ziggler - tremendous waste of talent. After all they're success this past year, they basically turn up, wave and go home.

Sheamus + Daniel Bryan - dark match. I was so gutted not to see this match. Watching Danielson over the years in the indies, and meeting the man himself 3 years ago, I was looking forward to his first Mania. The Mania crowd is well known for being a predominantly SMARK crowd, and Bryan would have got a great reaction. Again, a massive waste.

Drew McIntyre - not even there. Shame.

Cody Rhodes - the only one on the list who got to 'perform'. And he did his job very well. I still think Rey-Rhodes have a classic match in them though.

So, to rest of the event.

Nice to see the Rock, but I'd actually gotten a little bored of him by the end.

Snooki - fair enough, she didn't botch her gymnastics spot, and I understand WWE's use of her fame to promote the show . . . but she's a little fat, midget, tramp who nobody wants to see in the ring. Should have been Trish vs Michelle, one-on-one, with Snooki + Layla on the outside. Again, shame.

Big Show + Kane have never IMO had a good Mania ever!

Thank the lord for CM Punk. He gave the bland and boring Orton a good match.

I quite enjoyed the Miz entrance. Mainly for personal reasons as a few years ago when Miz became the host of SmackDown!, I wrote on an internet wrestling forum, how I felt Miz could become one of WWE's top stars if pushed correctly. Nobody agreed with me, but the rest is history.

Cena, on the other hand . . . his entrance reeeeeally dragged. Too much schmalz as always with Cena. WWE knows this, hence the finish to the Main Event. The match was ok, of not good enough quality to warrant its position.

Despite Michael Cole being the biggest heel in WWE (only matched by another non-wrestler Vicky Guerrero), he shouldn't be in a match period, let alone on the Mania card FFS!!!
The 'match' sucked! Only decent bit is the crowd reaction when Cole shouted back at Stone Cold. That made me laugh, in what was very much a laughable event.

If it wasn't for Taker-HHH, this Mania would have been a complete disaster. Despite not being to the standard of the Taker-HBK classics at previous Manias, this was still a classic match and as expected, stole the show. Both wrestlers sold the match as only they can and, although I agree with Argo about the finish, the result was right.

In conclusion though, this Mania was a very well produced dissappointment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)   WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included) Empty

Back to top Go down

WrestleMania 27 Review!!! (Spoilers Included)
Page 1 of 1