X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My review of last nights Disturbed concert

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty
PostSubject: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/3/2009, 11:06 am

This is my personal review of last night's Disturbed show.

Band #1) Art of Dying. Considering their spot of the night, being the opening band of the opening band of the opening band of Disturbed, I'd have to give these guys a 10 out of 10. There is not usually much I hear from any opening band that makes me want to get their CD, but these guys did it and I grabbed it from the merch table. Very good stuff!

Band #2) Skindred. These guys... sucked donkey nuts. I mean, getting a teabag from an elephant would probably be less painful than listening to these guys play. I give them a 0 out of 10, mostly because I think there is an "unwritten rule" that you can't go lower than 0. The only plus (and I mean only plus) for these guys was the lead singer must have been a stand-up comedian at some point in his life because most of his audience interactions were hilarious. Should have stuck with comedy....

Band #3) All that Remains. I can't say all that bad... when the lead singer actually sang. Unfortunately, for me, I'm not into the Slipknot-like low grumbling followed by high-pitched screaming kind of thing. I'd go 6 out of 10 for these guys (and gal).

Disturbed - I gotta say one thing.... is there anyone out there less energetic than David Draiman? I mean... all the previous bands had their guys out there moving around... running all over the place, energizing the hell out of everyone. All Draiman does is walk around like he's a 300lb bodybuilder with a vibrator stuck up his rear end. I've seen more activity from 90 year olds at a retirement home. That being said... the music was incredible. Their entire set consisted of : Voices, Liberate, Just Stop, Prayer, Meaning Of Life, Land of Confusion, The Night, Remember, Stupify, a medley of tunes spliced together (Shout 2000, Fear, Conflict and others), The Game, Inside The Fire, Stricken, Ten Thousand Fists, Indestructible and Down With The Sickness. No... I didn't bring a notepad with me... their entire set list is available on their website from previous shows and it never changes. I'd have to give them a 7 out of 10, mostly because, for headliners, they actually didn't do all that much on stage. Show me more energy, like you actually want to be up there entertaining me. They looked bored, and Draiman had the audacity to pick on a female fan in the very front who he thought looked bored and didn't want to be there.

The entire show I'd have to rate a 6. I liked the music of half the bands that played, but I really expected more for the $.

Last edited by DieHard on 6/7/2009, 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/3/2009, 2:47 pm

Thanks for the review as I am a big Disturbed fan (although I prefer there old stuff like down with the sickness).
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/3/2009, 3:07 pm

Not a problem.

I figure I might as well get a concert review in because I'm probably not going to remember much of KISS and Live w/Styx the next night, both in mid-July.
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/7/2009, 10:17 am

My freind might be going to a Disturbed concert when they come here to Aus near the end of the year and I might be able to come (hopefully my parents will let). Although a freind of mine told me he got in to a couple of fights during 1 of there concerts I heard how crazy the fans get there.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/7/2009, 10:55 am

If you're in General Admission (standing) where the mosh-pit usually is, you take your chances.
Back to top Go down
Killswitch Overdrive

Killswitch Overdrive

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/7/2009, 11:28 am

I would love to get tickets to Kiss, but they ain't coming here. I bet it will be an insane show
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/7/2009, 11:47 am

KISS should be awesome. Strange that, despite all these years, this will be the first time I've ever seen them. My daughter is only 12 and she's very excited about it.

If you want them in Edmonton, you have to go on their site and get a ton of people to vote for them to go there. If enough people do it, they'll set up a date...
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/7/2009, 1:02 pm

TheDominator wrote:
My freind might be going to a Disturbed concert when they come here to Aus near the end of the year and I might be able to come (hopefully my parents will let). Although a freind of mine told me he got in to a couple of fights during 1 of there concerts I heard how crazy the fans get there.

I remember my mosh pit days when I used to charge at people in the pit and push people randomily then help them up (nothing nasty, I only push people and it was all in fun), it seems like them days have gone when everyone used to knock people down and help them back up.

Also at a Mudvayne concert I was head banging and jumping up and down (like you do) and I accidently head butted a woman, so I appologiesed and she said "don't worry about it, i'm used to it" then later on in the concert (again whilst head banging and jumping up and down) my chain on my jeans hit one of the security and again I appologiesed to which the security guy said "don't worry about it, I get that alot", lol!!

Sadly due to Osteroprosis in my neck and upper spine (ironically from a work related incident and not head banging) my mosh pit days are over.
Back to top Go down
Killswitch Overdrive

Killswitch Overdrive

Number of posts : 325
Registration date : 2009-01-01

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/7/2009, 2:11 pm

DieHard wrote:
KISS should be awesome. Strange that, despite all these years, this will be the first time I've ever seen them. My daughter is only 12 and she's very excited about it.

If you want them in Edmonton, you have to go on their site and get a ton of people to vote for them to go there. If enough people do it, they'll set up a date...

We're like 2nd or 3rd in canadian cities for their fan request tour, the local radio station is trying hard for there 30th anniversary concert
They have brought Areosmith, AC/DC, Eagles (which was great), ZZ Top, Styx, Three shows of Tragically Hip, if Kiss came, it would be a great year.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/7/2009, 3:31 pm

Worthy wrote:
TheDominator wrote:

I remember my mosh pit days when I used to charge at people in the pit and push people randomily then help them up (nothing nasty, I only push people and it was all in fun), it seems like them days have gone when everyone used to knock people down and help them back up.

Also at a Mudvayne concert I was head banging and jumping up and down (like you do) and I accidently head butted a woman, so I appologiesed and she said "don't worry about it, i'm used to it" then later on in the concert (again whilst head banging and jumping up and down) my chain on my jeans hit one of the security and again I appologiesed to which the security guy said "don't worry about it, I get that alot", lol!!

Sadly due to Osteroprosis in my neck and upper spine (ironically from a work related incident and not head banging) my mosh pit days are over.

I remember one Metallica show, I was down in GA. I had dislocated my shoulder about a week previous and had my arm in a sling. One drunk/stoned mosher going around all by himself hit me in the shoulder from behind. I turned around and he kept on going around hitting others. When he came at me one more time, me got my left square in the mouth... knocked him out and a couple of his front teeth were on the floor. The crowd that had cleared the empty space out for him just came on back and we continued enjoying the concert surrounding him on the floor.

Oh, the good old days....
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/9/2009, 2:48 am

DieHard wrote:
Worthy wrote:
TheDominator wrote:

I remember one Metallica show, I was down in GA. I had dislocated my shoulder about a week previous and had my arm in a sling. One drunk/stoned mosher going around all by himself hit me in the shoulder from behind. I turned around and he kept on going around hitting others. When he came at me one more time, me got my left square in the mouth... knocked him out and a couple of his front teeth were on the floor. The crowd that had cleared the empty space out for him just came on back and we continued enjoying the concert surrounding him on the floor.

Oh, the good old days....

I hope to someday go to a Metallica concert.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/9/2009, 9:58 am

I've seen them 3 times. Damn good show, but I haven't been impressed enough with their latest couple of albums to make today's prices worth it.
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty6/10/2009, 4:06 am

I liked load and reload, couldn't stand st anger (especialy what Lars did with his snare drum!!) and I loved death magnetic a lot. I know it definetly ain't as great as there first 5 albums but it reminded me of some of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My review of last nights Disturbed concert   My review of last nights Disturbed concert Empty

Back to top Go down

My review of last nights Disturbed concert
Page 1 of 1