X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Role Plays involving other wrestlers

Go down 
+3
Malkyto
DANTE
QuanBeast
7 posters
AuthorMessage
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male
Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty
PostSubject: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/14/2008, 9:11 am

Is it ok to write role plays about wresters and decide their actions?

I know often in role plays you need to write that the wrestler you are slagging off or trying to taunt 'stands there looking not bothered' or leaving the text open for a response. But...

There are role plays on the board now, written by other federation members, that feature my wrestler hitting people with barbed wire strung baseball bats or retaliating to provocation with ambush attacks, which doesn’t really go with his honourable, good humoured face personality.

I don’t want to stifle the rp aspect of this. Just wonder if there are ground rules for including other wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_wrestling
DANTE

DANTE

Male
Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/14/2008, 11:05 am

I don't think there are any rules forbidding it but I personally try my best not to act out for another wrestler because only that person knows how their wrestler would act. If it was done to me and I feel like it is out fo character, I just try to flow with it and find a way to twist it around to how my wrestler would generally act. For the most part though, as long as their not humiliating or destroying your character, I think it's fine. Those are all personal opinions though and not sure how if there really are rule that applies to it.

I find it weird though that they are using you on another wrestling fed. I thought talking about other feds were not even allowed in each feds respective forums but if they mention your from XFW, I guess thats a good advertisement.

Maybe Sentinel can chime in with more info about the situation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xforcewrestling.synthasite.com/index.php
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/14/2008, 11:08 am

When I said 'other fed members' I meant 'other members of our fed'.

Am going to stick to face allignment and so will have to keep the twists coming.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male
Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/14/2008, 12:08 pm

My fault, I misunderstood what you wrote, As I said before though, there are no rules forbidding it so maybe you can communicate with that person and talk about your interactions so that you know off hand whats going to happen so that your wrestler could act accordingly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xforcewrestling.synthasite.com/index.php
Malkyto
XFE Hall of Famer
Malkyto

Male
Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/14/2008, 12:18 pm

In fact, I was reading the role-playing forum and I really have a lot of questions about the ethic and the "other wrestlers" use in RP.

I think, for the sanity of the gimnick, anyone must feel free to post a response when a promo cut doesn't fit with his/her own character or gimnick. Even I think anyone can quote a post and re-write his/her dialogues and reactions, trying to keep the gimnick, but trying to not kill the post original sense.

But this is just my opinion... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/14/2008, 1:48 pm

Yeah, it's always best to get with that person first if your going to use their character. Or at least give them the chance to respond in their own way.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Darth Clay
XFE Hall of Famer
Darth Clay

Male
Number of posts : 724
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: use of other characters.   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/14/2008, 11:38 pm

When I read the role playing section it states that you should not use another players character without their knowledge. I will write a promo using charaters from my stable and have no problem if they do the same. However, the one time I used another player, the slugger, I wrote him and gave him a breif description of what I had planned and asked if it was ok first. That way he could have said well I wanna react this way or something. It only takes 1 day at most usually to get an answer and I know I would like this courtesy from someone else before they used my wrestler in any way besides standing there. Just my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/15/2008, 3:43 am

hmmm... that was probably me Quan, my bad, but ya i'll message you next time if i have an rp with you in and get your insight on how you would react. Neways sorry bout that
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/15/2008, 3:59 am

No problem DR. I would rather be in peoples role playing segments than out of them!!

As time goes on I guess we will get used to wether a wrestler is likely to react by laughing, fighting, running away etc. and will be able to accomodate others face/heel alignment.
Back to top Go down
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 1387

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/15/2008, 11:16 pm

ya i know what you mean, i tried reading over some promos that you had done to try and get a feeling of where you were coming from but in time i will learn more Razz
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty5/26/2008, 3:50 am

Just digging up an old topic since it seems it is starting to have to be relooked at. Not from me by any means, and I am not trying to cause a riff or anything along those lines, but when I learned about oh 2-3 weeks ago about roleplaying from some of the other girls on TWG like Eli, Letty and others and then looking at other shows, the attacking others doesn't really happen all that often in the big federations. And I can see why; in my personal opinion I get somewhat turned away from the whole "jumping" people on every show and such and from what I was just reading recently; a misuse of characters and such. Now it hasn't happen to me and I hope it doesn't since before I actually spoke for anybody on my other rps (which some are kinda long, but I had a 2nd major degree in english!) I did the whole go through the channels asking if it was okay and such (i.e. my ppv role play using The Sentinel) and letting them know what I was going to do around what I was going to say. Just proper to let them respond and maybe i'm way off base since I know little about being a heel since my character is the baby face of all baby faces. But I equate that to someone using Jade and cursing; totally the opposite of anything since I don't even think I've used a bad word lol.

Maybe even going so far as to run a quick simulation match on TWG that both parties agree on, and cut and paste moves done during that match to use in a role play. Again just one womans opinion since I am still fresh out the gate on role playing, but wanting to learn as much as I can.
-Jade
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Role Plays involving other wrestlers   Role Plays involving other wrestlers Empty

Back to top Go down

Role Plays involving other wrestlers
Page 1 of 1