X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

English Premier League pre season predictions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

English Premier League pre season predictions Empty
PostSubject: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 8:29 am

Well anyone here besides me can't wait for the next season to get started?? Well here are my predictions (as well as what I hope) for what will happen next season Very Happy

Predictions
1. Manchester United
2. Liverpool
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal (My precious gunners I imagine them taking 4th place again but wouldn't be suprised if this season they don't make top 5)
5. Everton
6. Tottenham (I have a feeling this time Tottenham will have a good start unlike last season and a much better peformance to go with it)
7. Aston Villa
8. Fullham
9. Wigan
10. Man City (ehhh there spending spree won't do much this season, crap load of mad strikers but a very weak midfield and not much of a sustainable defence)
11. Westham
12. Bolton
13. Portsmouth
14. Sunderland
15. Blackburn
16. Wolverhampton
17. Stoke City
18. Hull City
19. Burnley
20. Brmingham

Top goalscorer: Torres

What I hope
1. Arsenal (THE SECOND COMING OF THE IMMORTALS aka 2003-04 season all over again with only tottenham able to draw against Arsenal in another epic match between the 2 Very Happy)
2. Tottenham
3. Everton
4. Liverpool
5. Portsmouth
6. Fullham
7. Blackburn
8. Westham
9. Wigan
10. Bolton
11. Stoke
12. Sunderland
13. Wolverhampton
14. Hullcity
15. Wolverhampton
16. Burnley
17. Man City (I just wanna see there spending spree FAIL)
18. Birmingham (a suprise metoerite struck Martin Taylor and ended his career after Eduardo scored a hatrick againt Birmingham in 10-0 win)
19. Chelsea
20. Manchester United (the meteorite came back for Rooney and then just for the fun of it hit Ronaldo when it passed by spain...........then back for Ferguson)

topgoal scorer: Eduardo (36 goals:P)
Kalinic in his first season for blackburn scores 25 goals Razz
most assists: Modric Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male
Number of posts : 1341
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 8:35 am

My Predictions are:

1. Liverpool
2. Man Utd
3. Chelsea
Aston Villa
5. Arsenal
6. Man City
7. Tottenham
8. Everton
9. Blackburn
West Ham
11. Fulham
12. Bolton
13. Sunderland
14. Hull City
15. Wigan
16. Stoke City
17. Burnley
18. Portsmouth
19. Wolverhampton
20. Birmingham

I reckon Aston Villa is going to beat Arsenal to the fourth CL spot....toss up between Burnley and Portsmouth though......Portsmouth have lost a lot this season...
Back to top Go down
http://oceaniawrestling.forumotion.net/forum.htm
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 8:38 am

Yea not to mention Krajncar wants to leave Portsmouth and they even tried buying Kalinic (who blackburn have now) but Hajduk rejected the offer because they weren't gonna pay all of it up front(5.5mill) and if they can't pay that much up front even after selling Defoe and Crouch..............
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 8:47 am

thats pretty much why i've got them in relegation zone....But i reckon Man City wont be successful this season due to the fact that they are only a attacking team......Man Utd won't win as they no longer have a quality winger to compliment Rooney, Berbatrov and Owen....and i when i put Liverpool as winners it was a very relunctant call as they only have one PL worthy striker.....
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 8:49 am

I didn't put Liverpool as winners is because I see them as a team carried by Gerrard and Torres. If one or both of them get long term injuries Liverpool is in trouble. Plus I did do that list pretty quickly and Wolverhampton being above Stokecity is a typo.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 8:55 am

Thats the same with any of the EPL teams.....If star player/s get a long term injury then that team is in trouble. It's why Liverpool didn't win last season.....They only had Torres for 23 games.......
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 8:59 am

I just hope for the love of god that Fabregas doesn't get any long term injuries. I also hope Eduardo can last most of the season.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 9:03 am

Arsenal lost their most dangerous weapon when the sold "what's his name as i cant spell it" to Man City......Perhaps they should try and bring Henry back.....lol
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 9:13 am

Ahh screw Adebayor we don't need him!!! We got Van Persie, Eduardo, Arshavin alsoooo Walcott and Vela well lets just say we all know how well Arsene Wenger picks out young talent.
Back to top Go down
Jeremy
XFE Hall of Famer
Jeremy

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 9:19 am

not really......only the young french players he succeeds on....
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 9:29 am

What about Denilson and Wilshere I can definetly see become a great player one day.
Back to top Go down
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*
XFE Hall of Famer
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*

Male
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 10:33 pm

Well, as usual, this will be another season of ifs and buts.

I wouldn't like to place any team anywhere, but I'll give my evaluations for the title contenders and the relegation possibles.

Man United: They have lost big players before and proven the doubters wrong on more than one occasion. No other team in the league has as strong a teamwork than Man United. Owen could prove to be the signing of the season if he manages to play 20+ games, a natural predator in the box and will benefit immensly from the clever play of Rooney and Berbatov. Don't forget the creativity of Giggs, Carrick, Scholes and Anderson. The new signing, Valencia is a quality player that will make Man U fans forget Ronaldo was ever at the club. Don't forget the best defensive pair of Ferdinand and Vidic (if fit), which once again makes Man U the team to beat.

Liverpool: As it has been said above, if they can keep Torres and Gerrard fit, then they have every chance of going to the wire this season. Still very strong defensively, and Glen Johnson will add a great attacking threat on the right. However, the loss of Alonso is a huge blow to the team, and if injuries mount up, then their lack of strength in depth of the squad could seriously hurt their title challenge.

Chelsea: Their chances all depend on how the players can adapt to new coach, Ancelotti's, system. There is plenty of experience in the team, but like last season with Scolari, the players may call mutiny if things don't start too well. Zhirkov is a quality signing, but it won't be enough. They desperately need Drogba back to his best to have any chance this season.

Arsenal: The loss of Adebayor and Toure won't hurt Arsenal that much. Wenger knows what his team is capable of and they have an abundance of technically gifted players that on their day can beat anyone. Youngsters Jack Wilshere and Vela could break through this season and become key players, as they have great promise. They need a natural finisher in the box, and if they can keep Eduardo fit, then he may be the answer. The only problem for Arsenal is in defense. They can often give away easy goals which cost them wins. If Wenger can get an experienced centre back in before the transfer window shuts along with a ball winning midfielder then they could seriously challenge for the title.

Aston Villa: Its going to be interesting to see how Villa get on this season. Their awful second half of the season lost them what looked to be a certified Champions League place. They have some good players and a top motivator in Martin O'Neill. Consistency will be the key this season, and the loss of key players Laursen and Barry will be a massive test for Villa concerning the threat of Man City, Tottenham, Everton etc.

Man City: The term 'Too many cooks can spoil the broth' wasn't intended merely for the kitchen. Man City have bought a plethora of big name players. Barry and Tevez are excellent buys, however I have my doubts about Adebayor, Toure, Santa Cruz and the many other instant millionaires of Man City. Great players they were at their previous clubs, but sometimes the grass isn't always greener on the other side. (Thats enough smart-ass phrases I think).

Tottenham: Every year the same people come out and say 'Tottenham are the team to break the top four', like they are the only ones who have thought about it. On paper, Spurs have the ability to do that. But, much like all those that have tried and failed to snatch that 4th place spot, they endeavour to throw it away with inconsistent performances. Their match against Man U last season is Spurs all over: Excellent first half, leading 2-0 at the break. 2nd half: Crisis of confidence, final score 2-5. Coach Harry Redknapp is moving Spurs in the right direction and is making the right buys. Crouch will definately add another dimension to their attack that they so desperately missed. Bassong will provide adequate cover in defense for King, Woodgate and Dawson. They still really need a left winger to get the balance of the team which would seriously enhance their chances of breaking into the top 4. (But as a Spurs fan, I'm ready to accept the familiar feeling of hopeless dejection again at the end of the season).

Relegation: Portsmouth - What the hell is going on?! No money. Debateble owner. And losing practically all of their top players (and they could still lose more). If by January they haven't been able to sort out their finances and buy in some quality, then I'm afraid Pompey won't be 'playing up' anymore. (Ha ha, see what I did there?)

Wolves: The same familiar story of 'Hello/Goodbye'. Simply not good enough.

Hull City: Survived last season, by the skin of their teeth, only due to their incredible start to the season. This time round, it won't be enough. The Tigers will be tamed.

Burnley: Can play some suprisingly good football, as they proved last season against Chelsea and Tottenham. Just depends if the occasion doesn't overwhelm them.
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty8/6/2009, 11:17 pm

Well it should be an intresting season without a doubt. Hardly anyone can put there fingers on who in the top 4 will win.

I am also intrested in seeing....
-how Zhirkov will do in Chelsea, the guy is a quality player his got the skill and pace that Chelsea really needs in there wingers
-Kalinic's first season in the epl, Eduardo, Modric and Corluka were able to adapt to the English Premier League after moving from Croatias top league, can he do the same for Blackburn?? Will he be the future of Croatia like Slaven Billic said?? And if he does do good in the season, could this secure him a spot in Croatias first team??
-How the season will be like for Man City. Who are they going to play up front when they already got Robinho, Tevez, Santa Cruz and Adebayor?? Will that s*** load of cash pay off??
-Can Portsmouth avoid relegation with Crouch, Defoe, Campbell, Traore and Diarra GONE and Kranjcar wanting to leave??
- With Keane, Defoe and Crouch going to Tottenham, will Harry Redknapp lead my second favourite team to a better season?? (its weird ain't it, Im a gunners fan yet Spurs are my second favourite team)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: English Premier League pre season predictions   English Premier League pre season predictions Empty

Back to top Go down

English Premier League pre season predictions
Page 1 of 1