X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrestler Re-spec?

Go down 
+4
JPower
DANTE
DieHard
Jade
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should you be able to respec your Wrestler?
Yes
Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap29%Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
No
Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap71%Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 4:14 pm

Heh, you mean, resetting, getting everything back, putting in yours stats, and only having 3 moves / position? (depends on which helper you talked to) then you wind up with a Stuff load of cash and a Stuff load of time on your moves? Yeah, it's a huge exploit which is why i'm strongly considering deleting this character as if that happens alot, I'll lose just for having lower stats than everyone else as my build won't matter like it does now, as everyone will have the exact same build and the game will lose it's originality that set it apart from a lot of other games due to the fact that there was so many styles around, some better, some worse, but they were around.

Honestly i don't care, as if it happens alot I have no problem deleting this character even though i've put in a ton of work in my build and it was the one thing that seperated my build from everyone elses. I can say that this build has gotten me in 6 months to the upper tier (steady rank of 80 and under) in level 12, and i'm able to get The Older Man to yellow on occasion. And since only helpers, VA, and Admins are able to see my build, i'll take it to the grave with me as I know for a fact that nobody else has a build like I do as recognized by looking at the low amount of techs level 11 and above, and even more that i've played more much less and am at a high level with one of the harder class styles to play with.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 4:32 pm

Jade wrote:
Heh, you mean, resetting, getting everything back, putting in yours stats, and only having 3 moves / position?

I've given that a huge amount of thought. Maybe not going down to 3 moves per position, but at least getting paid for losing my disabled moves instead of just deleting them. Hell... there were quite a few I deleted when we got free supporter for a week that I should have kept had I known this would have happened.

This is a major hole that should have been looked into before this was ever implemented.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 4:39 pm

That's why I'm leaning toward doing that, PTJ. I'm 9 TP away from 50, so sometime after next week with enough free time I'll reinvent myself. I may wait until after the PPV (assuming it's still available) for plot reasons
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 4:41 pm

It came all sudden. Not even the frickin' VA's knew this was going to be implemented. I thought we were getting new matches, we get a new way to exploit the game and 'fix' our build that got screwed up in the first place. If that's the case, just make the game each with Strength, Speed, Resist, and Tech, and not able to allocate points. You just press which one you want to up, and there ya go.

Yeah, i'm pretty pissed off about this as I could have kept a balanced I had a long time ago that would have like 44-46 in all stats right now and been able to do this and destroy everyone. Strategy is lost, and i'm losing hope for this, which you all might start to see in my rps as I've lost motivation to even play my tech anymore because of this.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male
Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 4:59 pm

I'm with you Jade.
I feel like my wrestlers built and uniqueness is being compromised.
Sure, I can also do what everyone else will do and recreate my wrestler but all those hard work to fix my wrestlers holes just seemed all pointless now.
Now, i can just delete my wrestler, start a new one, keep leveling it up without even thinking about why I should and then just reset when I am high enough and practically start all over and have a whole different wrestler.

I believe this decision will also encourage account selling. With the ability to reset, people could farm wrestlers and when it hits a certain level, they can reset it and sell the account for those who doesn't want to start from the bottom. Believe it or not, but it happens in almost every online games. Without the possiblity of reseting it at a very low price (TP), account selling could be prevented.

Well, I will just call this the dark ages of TWG and I seriously am considering leaving for bigger, better things. We'll see though, I've met great people here and still enjoy it. The positives has overcome the negatives but this decision might push the limits so I cannot promise anything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xforcewrestling.synthasite.com/index.php
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/5/2008, 5:40 pm

DANTE wrote:

I believe this decision will also encourage account selling. With the ability to reset, people could farm wrestlers and when it hits a certain level, they can reset it and sell the account for those who doesn't want to start from the bottom. Believe it or not, but it happens in almost every online games. Without the possiblity of reseting it at a very low price (TP), account selling could be prevented.

That is exactly what the argument was when we talked about it before it got implemented lol. As there are ways around the ip checker believe it or not Rolling Eyes . As if Strength's, Tech's, and Speed's didn't have a hard enough time as it were. Soon the game will only be Resists & balanced since if you can reset, they are the ones that benefit the most as Resists have without question the best class skill, and balanced are just balanced.

Acutally I could careless about everything else that got implemented, I didn't care as much when bleeding was nerfed, when subs were nerfed, you were able to buy TP's, but this kinda just takes the cake. So bad in fact that Phantom already quit, and if anybody knows Phants he's definitely old school. Most of the level 13-14's have already reset and now they draw each other all the time, a low percentage like Silencer, Scorpy and such have not reset, and they have admitted to having average builds, but it was their average build, not someone elses. People like Vic, Freak of Nature, Ant, can't even be touched now.

I'm on the same page as Dante, only reason I probably haven't deleted my tech already is because i've made a good amount of friends here, through the federation and such, that have kept the game very much enjoyable waiting for those god-awful 150 hour stat timers Razz.
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/6/2008, 3:32 am

Same here Jade the only reason why I havn't left if because of the freinds I have made here. If I didn't know anyone I have met in this fed I could have easily quit right now.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/15/2008, 11:09 pm

Well, I finally took the plunge and respec'd my guy. It wasn't too bad, except that it was very time consuming (It took about an hour to "re-buy" my moves, mainly because of all the back-and-forth action)

Try me now and see if you can hang!
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/15/2008, 11:28 pm

Nice, I might do it in the offseason to see if I can even make my tech even more crazy.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/15/2008, 11:38 pm

Well, you don't count, Jade. You'll probably always kick my tail.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 1:18 am

Cue The Jeffersons theme song:

"Well we're movin' on up...."

Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Whenca10

Up about 2000 points and 100 level ranks since the reset and on an amazing win streak
Back to top Go down
Malkyto
XFE Hall of Famer
Malkyto

Male
Number of posts : 576
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 5:04 pm

Until I can see, mine wasnt really successful.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 5:16 pm

No wonder I've beaten you a couple of times. What big change did you do though that has affected your build?
Back to top Go down
Malkyto
XFE Hall of Famer
Malkyto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 5:36 pm

More Attack Bonus, Initiative, Less pinning, bleeding.

More Stamina, Less HP
More DDR and Stamina Reducer.
More Block, Less Dodge, Escape Subs.

But the happy thing is the following:

Money:753.632 fantaeuros

Im almost ready with my training. So, I will have a lot of money for Entrances and Special Habilities.
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 7:57 pm

Malkyto wrote:

Only part I am scared of when I reset lol. I mean, I am going to love rolling in the money i'll get back, and hopefully have it fully done before next season, just waiting for another AT, and a stat upgrade before I do it. But I have noticed you did jump like into the top 80 of level 12 also Malky, so I wouldn't say it's a complete bust, and also from what I can see, your moves probably aren't trained as high as they were so that might have a lot to do with it.

And did anybody else reset? Results from it? Your class that you did reset? Just trying to get a round about estimate because from what i've noticed, it's mainly reset balanced that seems to mess up their build more (sans Jack), then Speeds / Techs, then Strengths, and last Resists
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 8:00 pm

If/when I reset, I think I will do it just to get the money.
I'll probably print out my build and just do it all over again, exactly the same.

Malky, you just unconsciously felt guilty in defeating me so you "unintentionally" messed up your build a bit. lol
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 8:14 pm

DANTE wrote:
If/when I reset, I think I will do it just to get the money.
I'll probably print out my build and just do it all over again, exactly the same.

Malky, you just unconsciously felt guilty in defeating me so you "unintentionally" messed up your build a bit. lol

I did it with a spreadsheet.

The only thing I failed to take into consideration is, when I re-assigned points within my stats, there are still a couple of moves I did not get to the point of getting back yet. No big deal, though.

With all the credits for the moves I'm not bothering to buy back (a few were up to level 20), I'll have more then enough to buy as few entrances once the moves I'm waiting to buy back get leveled up to their previous level.
Back to top Go down
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*
XFE Hall of Famer
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*

Male
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 11:29 pm

I have never once given too much of a 'horse & trap' about my 'build'. I don't really know what I'm doing most of the time, but can't be arsed to ask for any help.

This whole reset malarky just sounds like organised cheating, and to be honest I can't really be bothered to do that either. If it turns out that everyone starts doing it, and therefore no fun anymore then I'll just stop playing and find something else to do. Which would be a real shame as I enjoy conversing with you guys ( & gals).

THRILLER 4 LIFE!!!!
Back to top Go down
Malkyto
XFE Hall of Famer
Malkyto

Male

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/18/2008, 11:46 pm

Jade wrote:
Malkyto wrote:

... But I have noticed you did jump like into the top 80 of level 12 also Malky, so I wouldn't say it's a complete bust, and also from what I can see, your moves probably aren't trained as high as they were so that might have a lot to do with it.

My Pisco Cone-head Girl: I was around the 80th before the rest. But yes, a lot of moves were (even minutes ago) really undertrained. Since now, we will know if the reset really works.

Dante wrote:
... Malky, you just unconsciously felt guilty in defeating me so you "unintentionally" messed up your build a bit. lol

Well, being honest. I re-did my build thinking in your build... MUA HA HA HA HA!!!

(j/k)

@Everyone interested: A sheet is really usefull. Keep on mind your stats, your abilities point, and your moves (w/ lvl). Its really really usefull.
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty11/21/2008, 5:36 am

Well, after jumping to level 13, I reset, I was going to wait, but since I was pretty angry about the whole killing the master pretty easily, I might as well try a new experimental tech build. So far, it looks to be the same, even though I made huge changes, but I did gain like 40 entrances, so that made me happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestler Re-spec?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2