X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrestler Re-spec?

Go down 
+4
JPower
DANTE
DieHard
Jade
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should you be able to respec your Wrestler?
Yes
Wrestler Re-spec? I_vote_lcap29%Wrestler Re-spec? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
No
Wrestler Re-spec? I_vote_lcap71%Wrestler Re-spec? I_vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 1:29 pm

Boooooo!!! I want to see your guys opinion on this. For the low low price of 50 TP's you can respec your wrestler. What do you guys think? Personally I think it's a load of Stuff, but yeah, that's me.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 1:52 pm

I must have missed something.... what is this?
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male
Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 1:59 pm

If it is what I am thinking, which is resetting the stats to put it all back again, similar to resetting the exp for AT's, then I say nay!

Unless they make it cost 500 TP's, I don't think this should be allowed.
It would destroy the game because everyone will have the same build and whats the point if you can't make mistakes and learn from it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xforcewrestling.synthasite.com/index.php
DieHard

DieHard

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 2:06 pm

If that's the case, then sure... I like it at 50TP... but I see DANTE's point 100%. For example : early on, I spent stats on stuff like submission that my strength makes no use of. Now that I know better, I'd love the chance to get all that back and re-invest it, so to speak, without having to do a complete re-start.

But, everyone will do it at 50 TP and, therefore, it benefits no one. At the same time, the only people who would probably spend the 500TP's (as suggested) are the ones who will actually go out and buy TPs. That's probably the purpose, though... to get suckers to spend $ on this game to buy TPs.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 2:27 pm

Plus I think the price should fit the mistake.
If everyone can readily do it withing a month or two, then whats the point.
500 TP's isn't readily available to everyone and would take a while to get.
But then again, I also suggested the same thing to those in charge about the AT's and said it should cost more than 20TP's, liek around 50-70 TP's but they didn't listen so I could see this happening.
If it happens, you guys might actually see less of me here as I would be very disappointed after all the long, hard work and mistakes I had to go through to build a wrestler and then all of a sudden there is an easy way out?
Not cool in my opinion.

How about make it so that they can take 10 stat poitns back with 50 Tp's? That might work as it cost a lot and you ahve to be really desperate to do it but some will still do. It will give those some who really wants it badly the option but it would take a lot of work.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 2:31 pm

DANTE wrote:

How about make it so that they can take 10 stat poitns back with 50 Tp's? That might work as it cost a lot and you ahve to be really desperate to do it but some will still do. It will give those some who really wants it badly the option but it would take a lot of work.

I kinda like this idea the best.

Last edited by DieHard on 11/4/2008, 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 2:31 pm

My POV is that you should have the option of being able to re-purchase your moves (for a hefty TP cost, of course). It's a load of work (and should only reallocate ranks, because waiting again is kinda silly) but for people like me with moves you I'll never use again at high ranks.

'Course, that's probably the buyer's remorse talking...
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
DANTE

DANTE

Male

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 2:39 pm

I just want to be bal to delete the moves (I believe supporters could do it) because it is such a hassle to go through the moves list and seeing stuff I do not want. It's a minor inconvenience but an inconvenience nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 2:46 pm

Basically what happens is that:

A) Your stats reset to zero (keep original levels with all skill points refunded)
B) Your moves reset to zero
C) Your trademarks reset to zero (but you get 80% of executions back)
D) You keep your finishers
E) You get reimbursed for your moves for time and money (noone is sure how this works at the moment: like if you get refunded for moves you spent money on, or if you get shortened move timers, or if they are instant)

So, what I am taking is that at a higher level, you will suck hardcore as all your moves reset to zero. Because let's face it, at level 10 and above, you have moves that probably cost like 2-3k just to upgrade once and that's from time and executions. Because moves like my Multiple German Suplex probably hit as hard as normal people's trademarks due to the high level that it is, and I'm not to sure about giving that back.

Not that I agree with this to the fullest, but i'm glad your moves do reset back to zero. I did put in a ton of work making my build, and let's face it, people can copy my build, but people that copy exact builds always seem to do crappy.

I think it will be a passing phase just like the restructed to AT's that we got for 20 tps that Dante mentioned.

All in all, it's has a huge drawback that I like which will discourge higher level people from doing it, it might work if you are like level 6 and if that's the case, just restart for free duh (as I have my alt top tier level 7 in 2 months, probably could be level 9 but I wait for the masters)

But yeah, I'd use my 50 tps to special tourny's because that's a minimum of like 45k at level's 10 and above, assuming you don't win any of them.

Last edited by Jade on 11/4/2008, 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Section C is confirmed)
Back to top Go down

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 3:52 pm

I think it is a really bad decision that they made it possible, this game is in my opinion all about making mistakes, learn from it and then try to get it straight. And not about wasting all your money at buying tp's and then copy the build of someone that is very good, or just make all your mistakes right.

And I also found it really annoying that every time when someone says something about it on TWG forum the topic gets locked really fast. I made a topic about it and it was locked in 10 min because there already was another topic about it, well i checked that topic and it was already locked too.

I also made lots of mistakes with my build (didn't max out fury and i did allot of other things wrong), but I am trying to get it straight just by maxing out fury now and just play on and now try to choose the right stats. But I don't go cry with at my mom for money so i can buy TP's so i can reset my build and get it straight
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 5:20 pm

It's tempting... so tempting. I'll have to look at it when I get home. I don't have 50 TP's (yet) so it's not a right-now thing, but I would like to see how or if it works
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
DANTE

DANTE

Male

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 5:26 pm

50RP's aren't difficult to get though. Every week, everyone could get 14 Tp's just from voting everyday and using the TWG Google.

So in a months time, a person could reset every month if they want to.

Not only that but we also get vote bonuses every month ranging from 20-30 TP's. They just make it so easy.

Sukkeltje, I know what you mean. I'v ehad beef with Silencer for a while and that is why I do not go the forum anymore. We had the exact same argument when they decided to let the AT's reset too.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 5:38 pm

50TPs are definitely not hard to attain. And not all that expensive if someone wants to buy which, like I said in an earlier post, has got to be what this is all about.

I'll have to seriously look at this because I will have over 50TPs next week.

Keep in mind, though, when it comes to deleting your moves/upgrades and getting credited your FE's back, you are putting a lot of trust into their system to keep track of this. Realistically, I don't think there is anyone who would have kept track of how much they spent buying and leveling up moves to make sure they're getting all their FE's back. You have nothing to rely on if you think something is wrong.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 5:51 pm

It's all about trust but I am pretty sure it's not too difficult to refund stuff back.
The move prices never changes so it shouldn't be too hard to reverse everything.

As for TP's, mine rarely goes under 40 TP's.
I currently have 76 right now and that is after joining some Tournaments for $$$ for entrances.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 5:58 pm

Another thing to keep in mind - are they just crediting the # of FE's you spent leveling up the moves, or also giving you FE credit to get your moves back to the level they are at right now? What I mean is.... if I have leveled up my moves by spending FEs up to level 5, but that move is level 20 now.... will I get FE credits to bring that move back to level 20, or just to level 5 because that's how much FE I have spent?
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 6:20 pm

I believe it can be calculated byt how many times the moves has been executed. So fi a move is level 5 but only been executed 300 times, that means it was leveled up twice. I also believe the server would save at which level you levele dup a move so I see no problem in the FE calculations at all.
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 6:20 pm

DieHard wrote:
Another thing to keep in mind - are they just crediting the # of FE's you spent leveling up the moves, or also giving you FE credit to get your moves back to the level they are at right now? What I mean is.... if I have leveled up my moves by spending FEs up to level 5, but that move is level 20 now.... will I get FE credits to bring that move back to level 20, or just to level 5 because that's how much FE I have spent?

That's a good question. I was trying to see if anybody did this yet, but I also agree with you in that it's another scheme to get money. Personally, that's what the restart button was for, but now if I can just do all that with 50 TP's (like everyone says they aren't that hard to obtain, i'm sitting on 80+ right now). But if this turns out to be more overpowered than it already is, as I've went through a lot to get my wrestler just right to beat people that are high than me in any aspect due to having a great build, i'm deleting my tech as it's just not an endgame character against resists and balanced, and just keep my balanced and keep my build to myself.

Although if it's not too much trouble, I saw that there are 'Yes' votes, and maybe it's just me being cynical, but I would definitely like the know the reasons for saying 'Yes' to this other than 'I f'ed up my build and want a hand me out' (yeah, i'm a little heated on this as it will cause me to delete my tech whom I love very much since I spent quite a bit of time build planning on her).
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 6:24 pm

I haven't voted yet, since I'm not entirely sure what this encompasses yet. But there is some interesting potential there if I'm seeing things right....
Back to top Go down

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 6:24 pm

I've no intention of using this service, I've worked hard to get my character to her current stats and now she's finally started to kick a few Butts.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 6:29 pm

I just received this message (Im sure most of you did also).

Hello TWG'ers this is a global to all players. There are 3 new features available through tp expenditure. This pm is to explain what it is and what they do.

The first one is a stat point reset. You can reset all your skills in your stat menu. Strength, Speed, Tech, and resistance without losing the levels you trained them. This will free up your points so that you can redistribute them to make your wrestler better. This also deletes all your moves that you gained with the stat points you spent prior. You will get all the fantas you spent training your moves and you will also get back the time spent training them to reapoint them as you see fit. For example if you spent 3000 hours training your moves you get to get all the money back training them plus the time spent. So you get free training time for your moves till you use up the 3000 hours of training. If your moves have leveled normally by using them in matches you will still recieve the fantas for training them as well as the time alotted that it would have taken to train them manually. You will also be able to keep your trademarks and your finishers and taunts. This new ability will cost 50 Tournament Points.

The next thing added to the TP board is the ability to decrease the timer for learning a new stat by 10% for a week. This is only done to the stat thats added in the que spot. so if it takes 10 hours to train a stat then it only takes 9 hours... same as if it takes 100 hours to train a stat then it takes only 90 hours for the qued stat. This costs 20 TP

The last thing added is the ability to gain a 10% increase for all experience gained in the game for a week solid. This new bonus only costs 20 TP.

If you have any questions about this or any other part of the game feel free to pm the helpers in the game. A list of them and if they are online is located in the rules and help tab located on the left side of the screen.

-Admins

Last edited by DANTE on 11/4/2008, 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/4/2008, 6:30 pm

*edited* as it's already written Smile
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/5/2008, 2:20 am

Wait?? What restart your stats??

This is total bullshit!! A lot of us worked hard to get our builds to were they are and not just so later on so someone can easily restart there wrestler just to copy other peoples builds.

I can't beleive this and I doubt the game ain't gonna get much money from it either. It not hard to get 50tp for free and people are just going to get fed up and leave. This is going to screw up the game big time.
Back to top Go down

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/5/2008, 3:45 am

Does that means that my D01 Driver Bomb would go to 0. No way I gonna use this I prefer to use tp to get money for entrances
Back to top Go down
slugger
XFE Hall of Famer
slugger

Male
Number of posts : 1668

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/5/2008, 5:06 am

this is just my POV but i like this idea and i might do it because in my opoin i did to fix holes in my build and im to lazy to wait i will keep the rest of my build the same just things like stamina and i will also not my every move and then maybe i will be able to beat and darth again i understand why every1 is against the idea of using 50tp to restert your stats but i personal like it.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty11/5/2008, 7:42 am

Based on responses I've received from some helpers, there is a big problem with this that can be taken advantage of in a major way. And, to be honest - I'm not just going to sit here and watch as others do it, while I don't take advantage of it myself... I'm not being left behind.

I'm not just going to come out and say it because I'm fairly sure that, regardless of what we bring up to the "powers that be" in TWG, nothing will change - I'll just say, if you look into the situation and every aspect of your build that's involved long enough, you'll figure out exactly what I'm talking about, and I'll pretty much guarantee, once you notice it, a significant number of you will see the benefit too and give it serious consideration.

I will wait, though, until someone else does it so I can confirm my impressions, but I am not hearing anything from the helpers I have referred to that goes against what I'm thinking.

I'm not a pr*ck or anything, it's just that, if there is something wrong that can be taken advantage of here, I'm the kind of person that will find it.... it's my nature and the nature of my job to find this stuff and get it fixed before it gets released or widespread. Unfortunately, I don't work for TWG.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrestler Re-spec? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestler Re-spec?   Wrestler Re-spec? Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestler Re-spec?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next