X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An idea for the championship contenders.

Go down 
+4
TheSentinel
"The Natural"
Worthy
Olli Thorn
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male
Number of posts : 1134
Registration date : 2009-11-05

An idea for the championship contenders. Empty
PostSubject: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/6/2010, 1:27 pm

I was thinking that we could work out interesting matches and RP's with the same type of contendership system as ROH is using. We could basically hold matches to determine the say top 5 contenders for each championship. And then only those 5 can challenge for the title (and LoM). Then you would have to beat one of the top 5 in a match for his spot to become eligible for a title match.

I think that would create interesting RP's and situations with people vying for a spot in the top 5 all the time, thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male
Number of posts : 2682
Registration date : 2008-04-23

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 4:30 am

I like this idea and according to the roster page I should be going for the Extreme Fight title and not the XFW Heavyweight title as i'm just below Killswitch Overdrive on wrestling points, but only 5 points infront of da_one so if wrestling points on the rankings are accurate (and mean anything) then we could use them to determain the top 5 contenders.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 4:48 am

That could possibly be but I meant that we could use it as a storyline where you actually have to earn a spot as one of the top 5 by beating someone for it. So we could first have matches or tournaments to determine the initial contenders and from there have the spots defended every now and then. That would give everyone something to compete for in matches and make RP's about.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 5:01 am

Oh I see what you mean, like the qualifying matches that both TNA and WWE are doing at the moment?
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 5:11 am

Kinda. You qualify in a match to be in your divisions top 5. Only the top 5 can challenge for the title. And to get to the top 5 you have to beat someone for his spot. So basically you could do like in with the Young Gunz the following:

Drew Richard vs Boobinator
Jinter vs Baldor
Super Dan vs Artagon
Danny Danger vs Pitbull
John Deep vs STC vs Defence Full vs Rob Mayhem

The winners of each match make up the top five. From the on out, you have beat someone whose already in to get into the top five and be eligible for a title shot. That way even the guys that can't win the title can compete for spots.
Back to top Go down
"The Natural"
XFE Hall of Famer
An idea for the championship contenders. 65-65

Male
Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 9:04 am

This is a good idea
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 5:46 pm

I kind of like this idea, lets keep discussing.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 9:43 pm

In a storyline one of the champions could come out and say that the title picture is either out of control or full of people who don't deserve to be in it and propose the idea to make things clearer. Then Sentinel could come out, the idea could be negoatiated over and then announced that there will be matches to determine the contenders.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 10:18 pm

Ok, you can call me the devil's advocate here... it's my nature.

So we have 5 singles titles. Each division has a top 5. So there is 30 of the roster.

Now... do you really want to alienate 20 members of your roster (assuming no wrestler can appear in 2 divisions and there are 50 wrestlers rostered)?

While I'm all for extremely interesting storylines (like this one is), I'd hate to look at the bottom of the roster list and say "looks like you guys won't be able to challenge for a damn thing for a while regardless of how good your RPs are".
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 10:51 pm

Another strong point. Truth be told, those that rp and stay active in the fed, get the title shots and get the attention. That's always been how I work.

While this idea would be perfect for the Young Gunz division, considering that is arguably our most active division at this point. One of the reasons I created it, It's hard to say how this would play out in the other division considering their maybe only 3 or 4 active in each division.

Either way, lets keep up the discussion.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 11:19 pm

Extremely good point. I actually thought of that and honestly I'm not sure if it would work in every other division. But the whole point I'm trying to make is that with this the guys can make RP's about the spots if they can't win the title yet. So everyone has a something to challenge for.

Example:
There is only one title per division. Most champions don't defend once a week. This means that most guys in the division don't have anything to fight for while only one man is gunning for the title. This idea gives others a chance to fight for and rp about something almost as important.

A.k.a it takes away the chance for everyone to challenge for the title but gives 5 more things to fight for per division. This helps the active guys but does hurt the inactive ones since they won't probably challenge for spots.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/8/2010, 11:33 pm

And just the point. I don't want the top 5 to necessarily be the 5 with the most skill points or wrestler score. I want the top 5 to be a position that is defended in matches.

That means the 20 others are not alienated and can challenge for something, which is a spot. This eases the champions focus into 5 guys. And gives every single person on the roster something they can fight for AND win AND defend.
Back to top Go down
"The Natural"
XFE Hall of Famer
An idea for the championship contenders. 65-65

Male
Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2008-11-02

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 3:41 am

The more discussion I hear about this, the more I like it. Surely this would promote more RPs. This would also give active RPs something to RP about. One of the problems I have had is that I was a lower guy, and kind of just got stuck in matches while learning how things work, and finding a groove. This would instantly start feuds, and they could last. While as an active RPer, I got title matches, they were ones that I got crushed, or were doctored. There would need to be a way to keep this concept "under the radar", since It would add too much "structure" to the shows. Call these guys/gals "in the title hunt".

This would give everyone something. Now, the lowest guy can feud with the top tier, and be a roadblock to the title, or a thorn in someone's side. This gives low guys more, but really doesn't detract from the higher guys, if kept behind the scenes.

If I could be Sentinel for a moment, (Hi... I'm Sentinel...)

We do have to maintain fans. Level 5 vs Champion is not good for business. We would still need to maintain structures of gaining fans to move up in the standings.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 3:56 am

Thank you Jesse, couldn't have said it better myself. (I know since I tried)
Back to top Go down
slugger
XFE Hall of Famer
slugger

Male
Number of posts : 1668
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 5:30 am

i agree with jesse the more i hear the more i like i think this could work pretty well maybe start it out on the young gun divison for a few seasons then mayb e use it on the other titles as well if the idea works out really well. or maybe just keep it to one or 2 titles
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 7:58 am

Olli Thorn wrote:
And just the point. I don't want the top 5 to necessarily be the 5 with the most skill points or wrestler score. I want the top 5 to be a position that is defended in matches.

That means the 20 others are not alienated and can challenge for something, which is a spot. This eases the champions focus into 5 guys. And gives every single person on the roster something they can fight for AND win AND defend.

Whilst I like this idea and I agree with you, just becareful with wrestling scores as you can get into a position like I was in last season where I just wanted a rivalry with anyone who RP'd, ignored the wrestling score diffrence, got a title shot for the heavyweight title and the match needed to be heavily editted as it was a one sided match (originally he was in green when the match finished), so the idea of anybody challenging for the title could be a problem, so that needs to be sorted out some how.

BTW remember how we were planning a 4 way rivalry this season between me, Quan, Morbid and Jack Power, how about we throw in a 5th and try this idea out for the Heavyweight division (thats saying something as i'm thinking of dropping a division after this season).
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 12:06 pm

Yeah, I get what you're saying there Worthy. And I don't necessarily see this as getting more guys to challenge for the title. It's more about giving everyone a chance to RP and challenge for something.
Back to top Go down
Worthy
XFE Hall of Famer
Worthy

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 12:34 pm

I like this idea alot as it also encourages people to RP too.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 12:55 pm

Excatly. That's the reason I suggested it. I think this is a great way of giving people chances to RP.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 1:19 pm

As long as everyone, from top to bottom, can earn themselves a chance at a title, I'm happy with this.

To be honest, just because someone is on the bottom of the roster as far as wrestler score is concerned, if they can RP the hell out of themselves and create interesting storylines, I don't see why they can not hold a title, which is why I was concerned in the first place. I've seen a great many people just worried about the match simulator result and couldn't care less if a storyline made more sense for them to lose the title. Now we're potentially throwing 5 more people into that mix who "might" be worried about losing their spot and not wanting to relinquish it unless the simulator tells them they have to.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 1:26 pm

I agree with Playboy. The spots need to be defended in matches so that everyone has a chance to earn them. Determine them with a series of matches where everyone gets a chance. After that the guys with spots defend the spots in matches. That way everyone has something to challenge for.
Back to top Go down
bteam1999
XFE Hall of Famer
bteam1999

Male
Number of posts : 268
Registration date : 2009-09-12

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 1:35 pm

The only suggestion I have is instead of having 5 top contenders using maybe 3. Everyone can still compete for a spot but not everyone has one. If a majority of the players are in the top 5 of each title picture most of your RPer's will be contenders therefore there will be no one to challenge the contenders for their position. I think if you limit the contenders a little more then you will have guys being more competitive. And I do agree with Playboy that RP's should take precedence over computer generated matches. The stories are the heart of wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/9/2010, 1:38 pm

Very true STB. We can always think the number over by what would seem like the best for each or best individually for every division. The 5 was just a hypothetical number I threw off the top off my head.
Back to top Go down
Olli Thorn
XFE Hall of Famer
Olli Thorn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/16/2010, 11:34 am

Anyway, I think this conversation and ideas on how to work this are starting to run up. Is this idea good and if so, how do we do it? Or do we just scrap it?
Back to top Go down
Danny Young
XFE Hall of Famer
Danny Young

Male
Number of posts : 781
Registration date : 2009-11-19

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty2/17/2010, 12:45 pm

I can't follow all the crazy and the wordz....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An idea for the championship contenders.   An idea for the championship contenders. Empty

Back to top Go down

An idea for the championship contenders.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next