X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General TWG question(s)

Go down 
+4
DANTE
Plin
QuanBeast
JPower
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

General TWG question(s) Empty
PostSubject: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/2/2008, 4:32 pm

I was wondering something, and those of you with more experience may be able to answer this for me. Also, feel free to post any other TWG questions here (to shelter them all in one topic)

My question: I have been actively eschewing 0-damage pin moves (victory roll, small package, etc.) I even deactivated Backslide Pin once I got three other moves in that category.

Is this a good strategery? I justify it by saying that the last thing I need when we're both in green is to hit a Small Package, doing no damage, and giving him an oppotunity to "Get up and fight back". I want all my moves to do something, and the potential benefit later in the match is overwhelmingly negated by the uselessness in the early match, IMHO.

Am I off base?
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/3/2008, 6:05 pm

Um... no responses?
Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male
Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/3/2008, 6:10 pm

I read this post and am interested in the answer. I have often been frustrated by early attacks including a pin attmept when there is zero chance of it winning the match.

I have also been tempted to get rid of my pin moves.

If anyone has a good answer to this I would want to read it. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_wrestling
Plin

Plin

Male
Number of posts : 341
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/3/2008, 6:19 pm

Well i'm opinion, but i'm not experienced on pin moves...

I'm against 0 damage pin moves.

Yes, they can finish a match, but they have 2 big problems:

a) Useless at the beggining of the match, or the middle.
b) Useless on matches that cannot end on pinfall. And there is a lot of them.

I will only use Pin falls that make damage.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male
Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/3/2008, 6:19 pm

This is all an speculation but I believe, even though it does no damage, it drains your opponents stamina trying to kick out. I do agree that pin moves are useless and should be limited in your moveset but to those with a really high pin bonus, it could be helpful.

The best way to use a pin move is to create one as a finisher and set it to be executed when your opponent is orange or red, that way a high pin bonus at that time, when your opponents stamina is almost depleted, it might just pull off a few wins for anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.xforcewrestling.synthasite.com/index.php
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/3/2008, 6:21 pm

I got rid of all the pin moves that didn't do damage when I became a supporter.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/3/2008, 6:59 pm

Well, me and my extremely great build, I think it's more dependent on class style.

For instance (rant coming on, so skip if you want lol)

Speed: Would be useful because of initiative they get from class skills also I guess..pin bonus.

Techs: Why? You have subs? Plus you get high damage pin moves (if you plan correctly)

Strengths: You can get medium damage pin moves and kill people due to DDI

Resists: Personal preference as they can come in handy as Dante said if have have enough defense you can take a beating, and then just roll them up at anytime, and yes you are correct dante in that it takes stamina to repeatably kick out.

Balanced: Personal Preference

Personally I never bought no damage pin moves. I keep backslide pin as it's in one of those positions that you don't get a ginormous amount of moves in, but the rest like small package I don't, and I've versa based so I get pin bonus lol. I am not gonna lie, I don't know what effect it could have had if I did have those moves in the fact that I could have won more matches or not, but i'm not really going to regret my decision. I have gotten beat numerous times by a small package, figure 4 pin, backslide pin, etc. Personally I like to do damage since I am a DD based balanced.

The question you really have to ask yourself is by looking at your own match reports do you think it would hinder you more? Yes you might hit a small package at the beginning of the match, but how many matches has it won for you at the end?

Back to top Go down
QuanBeast
XFE Hall of Famer
QuanBeast

Male
Number of posts : 729
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/4/2008, 9:49 am

I have just disabled figure 4 pin as an experiment. Leaving me with only 3 pin moves:

Backslide pin in One Wrestleris Running
Madgistralle cradle in Grounded and
Irregular Pin in To the Ropes (Grounded)

I would rather do some damage when opponents are grounded or go for a sub than try to pin them.

Will see if it makes any difference.
Back to top Go down
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mongolian_wrestling
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 2:42 pm

I have another question. How exactly is stamina determined?
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 4:52 pm

^^^ I'm not really sure what you mean by that?
Could you elaborate more on what exactly you mean by how Stamina is determined.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 5:11 pm

What is the formula to determine what your stamina is?
Back to top Go down
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 5:26 pm

don't think there is much of a formula. you can use ather the tireless under resistance to gain stamina, think everyone starts off with the same stamina. you can use stamina reducer to reduce the stamina used per move, per kick out, per dodge and ect. but i think thats pretty obviouse with the name stamina reducer. The only thing that i think i've heard before is that Speeds gain stamina with every speed lvl they gain. I can't confirm it though, having a hwg speed character has shown no signs of it. but the other way i know is going up a lvl after beating a master. you gain like 25 stamina or 20 or something like that. don't think there is much of a formula. jade might know though for certain lol
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 6:32 pm

At the time of writing this Stamina for each above is:
Jack Power: 528

Dark Ryder: 405

Dante: 644

Razz, I think i'm right or something.

It is correct that speeds gain stamina, they gain I think 2 or 3 stamina / level onto your base stamina.

Leveling up nets you 5 stamina.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 6:46 pm

Jade is correct that leveling up your speed stat gives you stamina,
There really isn't any formula, it is just what you have and that is it.
So if you have 300 Stamina, that is what you have, plain and simple.
Add AT, and it shows. Level up tireless, and it shows.
No hidden formula really.

Stamina is used up when you attack and when deflect or avoid an attack.
The same with kicking out from a pin, it uses stamina.
You need a certain amount of stamina to perform certain moves, especially sig moves and finishers.
When both wrestlers are drained out of stamina, that is I believe when a draw happens.
Either one could do nothing else because of the depleted stamina.
Not even enough stamina to try a pinning maneuver on the opponent.
Back to top Go down
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 1387

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 6:49 pm

so is it all classes that gain about 5 stamina per speed stat gained?
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 6:56 pm

Yes, everytime you level up the speed stat, it gives you a little stamina.
One thing I'm not sure about is if it is by percentage of your current stamina or there is a set number given everytime it is leveled up.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 7:02 pm

I'm not sure if I'm stating my question correctly. What I want to know is how can I calculate my stamina based on my stats, etc., and, perhaps more to the point, what my stamina will be when I change those stats.

And Jade, you hit my stamina right on the button.
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/7/2008, 7:04 pm

Let me just reiterate, if you are scouting someone and want to see their true stamina, yes there is a formula. Or if you want to project your stamina by adding in points here and there to see what it will be, yes there is a formula. Otherwise you can just add people's AT's to their shown stamina and find out what their stamina is.

As for the stamina drain in a match, nobody knows as Tullo never lets game mechanics out hence why nobody still knows how the heck pacification, feint, berserker, frenzied urge works. As i've done an experiment ( I might reset again as it was kinda useless) having high pacification, like 5 denied attacks and still notice people stringing 4 attacks on me even though it should be physically impossible if they have 8 or less attacks which most people other than speeds don't have.

Anyways...back on topic, yes every class gains a stamina boost by upgrading their speed stat, partly why I don't believe in people who leave their speed stat low as you get free stamina, and some good secondary abilities from speed.

If you really want to know, pm me, and i'll tell you the formula, but you can't be giving it out to anyone as technically we aren't supposed to know but almost any old schooler will know the stamina formula as it was given out back when there was SA's (*cough* deep breath *cough*) that gave you 100% stamina back lol.
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty12/8/2008, 1:55 am

Oh yea I remember that SA the one that gave you all you stamina back once you had a cut.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General TWG question(s)   General TWG question(s) Empty

Back to top Go down

General TWG question(s)
Page 1 of 1