X-Force Entertainment
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)

Go down 
+4
Jade
TheSentinel
DieHard
DANTE
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DANTE

DANTE

Male
Number of posts : 1410
Registration date : 2008-04-24

Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty
PostSubject: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 3:29 pm

Last Man Standing: Darth Clay vs. Volgo

UXC #1 Contender LB: How320 vs. Natural

Felipe vs The Sentinel

X-Force Tag-Team Championship: PAC vs. NLO

Aggression Championship Casket Match: Quan vs. Dex022

Natural Born Thrillers vs. Corporal Punishment

2 of 3 Sub Match: DANTE vs. Agnobilis Ares

Drowned Alive Match: Sharkman vs. AXL

United Center- Chicago, Illinois

Last edited by DANTE on 11/19/2008, 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.xforcewrestling.synthasite.com/index.php
DieHard

DieHard

Number of posts : 1390
Registration date : 2008-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 5:16 pm

This is an Aggression card? What's with the XFW wrestlers on it?
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 6:45 pm

Yes, that is the XFA card and we are on there because we can. Ha Ha. Twisted Evil

Really to end the season on a high note, and try and give everyone most of there appearances for the season.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356
Registration date : 2008-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 7:58 pm

DieHard wrote:

lol, same can be said why there is XFA wrestlers at the ppv (since the ppv is technically an XFW card). But it's a good thing as there then are 3 seperate XFW / XFA shows, and then one ppv, but then we can start to promote the last XFA show as a special 'combined' show of sorts, or the 'unfinished business' card that finishes up the season as it's the last chance to wrap up, start up, or leave hanging questions before the season ends.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 8:20 pm

Jade wrote:
DieHard wrote:

lol, same can be said why there is XFA wrestlers at the ppv (since the ppv is technically an XFW card). But it's a good thing as there then are 3 seperate XFW / XFA shows, and then one ppv, but then we can start to promote the last XFA show as a special 'combined' show of sorts, or the 'unfinished business' card that finishes up the season as it's the last chance to wrap up, start up, or leave hanging questions before the season ends.

Actually, no, the same can not be said of the PPV, since it is an X-force PPV and not an XFW PPV. Since there is only one PPV a season, it makes sense to do a mix for the PPV. With that line of thinking, perhaps each roster should have their own PPV once every 2 seasons instead of some participating every season... Rolling Eyes

Last edited by DieHard on 11/17/2008, 8:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male
Number of posts : 1387

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 8:23 pm

could built up a better story line and such lol
Back to top Go down
Jade
XFE Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 1356

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 8:38 pm

Yup, every 2 month's works for me. XFW ppv on an XFW show, XFA ppv on a XFA show, only problem is (and this falls with the roster split) is that because the GM has to differentiate on which is the main show, and which is the minor show, the XFA ppv's will always have less.

Hence why I also said that 3 XFW / 3 XFA shows, a combined PPV for the XFW show, and a combined retribution night for the last XFA show. I say retribution night because saying a minor PPV is kinda degrading to anybody on the card, but it would still be a special show nontheless.

Or just do away with PPV's and have 4 shows of each, the last show wrapping everything up.

Those are all idea's posted above combined with yours, and they all work in their own way, but I think the goal would be to find a good medium. Personally I like the 2nd option I have.

Oh, and I haven't participated every season (if you are referring to me) Smile. If anybody you should be mad at is those that participate in 3 of their own show, the ppv, and the last XFA show. It's a give and take sorta deal, if you want me to sit out a ppv, say something, and I will (again if you are referring to me) because if this is going to cause problems (and riffs in the fed), I would rather just not have it cause problems and do what I can to make it right because the whole divided thing is exactly how feds start to shut down, and if I am part of the problem and not solution, then I will do what I can to make sure that X-force Wrestling doesn't fold due to the wrestlers being divided.

Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 8:50 pm

Jade wrote:
Yup, every 2 month's works for me. XFW ppv on an XFW show, XFA ppv on a XFA show, only problem is (and this falls with the roster split) is that because the GM has to differentiate on which is the main show, and which is the minor show, the XFA ppv's will always have less.

Hence why I also said that 3 XFW / 3 XFA shows, a combined PPV for the XFW show, and a combined retribution night for the last XFA show. I say retribution night because saying a minor PPV is kinda degrading to anybody on the card, but it would still be a special show nontheless.

Or just do away with PPV's and have 4 shows of each, the last show wrapping everything up.

Those are all idea's posted above combined with yours, and they all work in their own way, but I think the goal would be to find a good medium. Personally I like the 2nd option I have.

Oh, and I haven't participated every season (if you are referring to me) Smile. If anybody you should be mad at is those that participate in 3 of their own show, the ppv, and the last XFA show. It's a give and take sorta deal, if you want me to sit out a ppv, say something, and I will (again if you are referring to me) because if this is going to cause problems (and riffs in the fed), I would rather just not have it cause problems and do what I can to make it right because the whole divided thing is exactly how feds start to shut down, and if I am part of the problem and not solution, then I will do what I can to make sure that X-force Wrestling doesn't fold due to the wrestlers being divided.

No, I wasn't referring to you.

I'm just surprised me to see some of the names on our card. As you say, yourself, the XFA shows always have less - the payouts are better on the XFW shows as it is without some XFW wrestlers coming onto XFA where I'm sure we have our share of wrestlers to accommodate too.

But, really... don't bother with it..... just venting.
Back to top Go down
TheSentinel
Creator of X-Force Entertainment
TheSentinel

Male
Number of posts : 3440
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/17/2008, 10:17 pm

Really I've thought of each brand having their own PPV's, but yeah, those on the XFA side would earn less because it's the minor show, so I have XFA wrestlers on the XFW Show to give them more hype, cash, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://xforcewrestling.rpg-board.net
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/18/2008, 1:00 am

hmm.... that does cause a quite a dilema. Hmm... Could be one month do an XFW ppv, then the next month have a XFA ppv and then the third month have them combined. That way we could have story lines that involve both XFW and XFA wrestlers to go at it just before and just after the XFA ppv (It will make up for the lack of matches that the XFW people get on their own show) and have cross brand matches after the XFA ppv during the saturday after the ppv on the XFA show to build up the cross brand ppv in the up coming month. Leave with a real bang such as so and so comes out and hits both wrestlers with a chair, which brings XFA roster to come down and defend, which brings down the XFW roster to defend their own wrestlers from the same fed and then have the scene close with so and so coming down and clearing the ring. hmm... i'll map it out to make it easier to understand

First Month - XFW ppv

Second Month - XFA ppv
- Following XFA show have some cross brand matches to blance out the matches need for the people on the XFW roster. Have it close with a huge brand to brand brawl for upcoming next ppv

third month - XFW and XFA show. Have like cross brand matches

I know the XFA and XFW cross brand matches has been done b4 but could bring in some new possible fueds. It was just a thought
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/18/2008, 3:50 pm

The problem with that is that most feuds or storylines doesn't last that long. I wish it could but it doesn't. Plus it is difficult with limited active members. A person could only ghostwrite so much.

I think having 3 XFW/XFA shows and then the 4th XFW show being a PPV (for both brands) and the last XFA show will wrap things up and as Sentinel said, give those additional matches promised in the contract.

The other problem that presents itself with a one brand PPV is that there aren't enough feuds or storylines to fill up one PPV. I mean you don't want a jobber vs jobber fighting it out in the PPV. It has to be filled with storylines and plots and action that actually matters.

Now if we have a PPV for each brand, that is 10 matches (tag matches count as two) in a PPV. In eahc brand, how many feuds and storylines are happening? Like 3-4 max? That gives us 4-5 matches with backstory and the rest will be fillers and that is somethign you do not want to see at a PPV. Just like when you have to pay $60 for Wrestlemania, you don't want to see Funaki vs. Super Crazy, then Kimmy Wang Yang vs. Snitzky, and then Mike Knoxx vs. Deuce, then after that a Jim Duggan vs. Jamie Noble. I would be demanding a refund if I paid money to see that on half of the show.

So I think our current show plans and procedures work. The last two shows (XFW PPV and XFA last show) is pretty much cross-branded. I've always tried to doit like that, I'm surprised anyone barey noticed right now as I always tried to fulfill each and everyones contract in this finals show. I think it works and if anyone who has a feud going to the next season wants to RP or have at the last show, just let me know and we will work something out. As you guys noticed, I always ask for some RP's and segments from eveyone or anyone who could contribute and I try my best to include it in the show. As you guys may know, Jade is doing a segment for the last XFA show. I dont know if it is to tie up some loose ends or just make us cringe for the last time so we do not forget her during the break, but either way, it will be there and I believe it works out fine.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/18/2008, 3:58 pm

In addition, if some people wants to make it to the PPV on a consistent basis, there are two ways to do it. (1) Entrance, Entrance, Entrance!! If you get a lot of exp and help the fed a lot, then you will get noticed and may get mroe matches and a feud may come your way that leads to the PPV. (2) Be active and write good and compelling stories, that will get you noticed as well be part of the PPV eventually. There is a 3rd option but I believe it goes with #2, and that is win a title as titles are always defended at PPV's. Now I say it is related to #2 because to win it, you have to RP and do segments with the current champ or anyone that could lead up there and you'll get your shot. Sometimes, the level doesn't even matter to get in the title picture.
Back to top Go down
Dark Ryder
XFE Hall of Famer
Dark Ryder

Male

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/18/2008, 10:40 pm

um titles aren't always defended on the ppv... sry to say Dante but Godsblood never defended his title last ppv. Best guess i could come up with was cuz of him being some what inactive and not really role playing any that season but that was just my guess.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/18/2008, 10:44 pm

Being inactive is one thing also. Which goes to prove that a good RP is better than having the title at times.
So be active, have lots of entrance = a happy fed!

But for the most part, the titles are showcased at the PPV.
So if you anyone wins the title, it shouldn't be difficult trying to feud with someone, make it interesting and it is a guarantee to be in the PPV.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/19/2008, 5:02 am

Sorry I don't post as many RP's as I'd like but I suffer from brain block whenever I start to think of one. Hopefully I can try and figure out how to unblock myself one of these days and get some more and decent RP's scribbled.
Back to top Go down
TheDominator
XFE Hall of Famer
TheDominator

Male
Number of posts : 1748
Registration date : 2008-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/19/2008, 5:58 am

Your rps are just fine. I like some of them especially that one you had with Allgood way back. Just aslong as you post an rp were happy.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/19/2008, 3:17 pm

DANTE wrote:
The problem with that is that most feuds or storylines doesn't last that long. I wish it could but it doesn't. Plus it is difficult with limited active members. A person could only ghostwrite so much.

I think having 3 XFW/XFA shows and then the 4th XFW show being a PPV (for both brands) and the last XFA show will wrap things up and as Sentinel said, give those additional matches promised in the contract.

The other problem that presents itself with a one brand PPV is that there aren't enough feuds or storylines to fill up one PPV. I mean you don't want a jobber vs jobber fighting it out in the PPV. It has to be filled with storylines and plots and action that actually matters.

Now if we have a PPV for each brand, that is 10 matches (tag matches count as two) in a PPV. In eahc brand, how many feuds and storylines are happening? Like 3-4 max? That gives us 4-5 matches with backstory and the rest will be fillers and that is somethign you do not want to see at a PPV. Just like when you have to pay $60 for Wrestlemania, you don't want to see Funaki vs. Super Crazy, then Kimmy Wang Yang vs. Snitzky, and then Mike Knoxx vs. Deuce, then after that a Jim Duggan vs. Jamie Noble. I would be demanding a refund if I paid money to see that on half of the show.

So I think our current show plans and procedures work. The last two shows (XFW PPV and XFA last show) is pretty much cross-branded. I've always tried to doit like that, I'm surprised anyone barey noticed right now as I always tried to fulfill each and everyones contract in this finals show. I think it works and if anyone who has a feud going to the next season wants to RP or have at the last show, just let me know and we will work something out. As you guys noticed, I always ask for some RP's and segments from eveyone or anyone who could contribute and I try my best to include it in the show. As you guys may know, Jade is doing a segment for the last XFA show. I dont know if it is to tie up some loose ends or just make us cringe for the last time so we do not forget her during the break, but either way, it will be there and I believe it works out fine.

There is no need to change a thing. If this has been the process the whole time, this is just the first time I've seen it and caught me by surprise... that's all.
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/19/2008, 8:50 pm

Preview Updated!
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/19/2008, 9:50 pm

A-ha!! DTJ and I once again!
Back to top Go down
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*
XFE Hall of Famer
*'Mr. Wednesday Night'*

Male
Number of posts : 446
Registration date : 2008-04-27

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/19/2008, 11:01 pm

*strokes chin in a thoughtful manner*

Hmmm, very interesting. Both the 'Thrillers' and 'Corporal Punishment' have a lot of singles history.

I stole Slugger's title way back, and who could forget Playboy and DTJ's epic feud?!!!

Now this is what I call character development! Ha ha!

P.S. Cheers Dom, for remembering my RP with Krusher. That is one of my personal faves. There will be a follow-up in the future.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/20/2008, 1:22 pm

JD - while you finish up on that RP we're doing together, DTJ should be forwarding another to me either tonight or tomorrow. I can put the finishing touches on that one and forward it over to either you or DANTE.

DANTE - what time do we have to have these in by? Since I'm not sure what time zone you're in, if you could let me know in EST when you need it by, I'll make sure it gets there before then!
Back to top Go down
DANTE

DANTE

Male

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/20/2008, 1:40 pm

By friday, 8pm-10pm East the latest.
If you can submit it earlier, the better.
But no later than that.

JD, yeah I did though of that. It was just convenient that you and Playboy are now tag teams and Slugger and DTJ are now tag teams. So i figured, its a good way to close the season and with a possible certain wrestlers leaving, this might be the last chance for these tag teams to meet up against each other.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/20/2008, 3:16 pm

DANTE wrote:
By friday, 8pm-10pm East the latest.
If you can submit it earlier, the better.
But no later than that.

JD, yeah I did though of that. It was just convenient that you and Playboy are now tag teams and Slugger and DTJ are now tag teams. So i figured, its a good way to close the season and with a possible certain wrestlers leaving, this might be the last chance for these tag teams to meet up against each other.

It'll get to you before that. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DieHard

DieHard

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/21/2008, 7:10 pm

I put the DTJ/Slugger/JD/Playboy RP up in the RP forum.

Since no one has added or requested any edit, feel free to use as is.
Back to top Go down
JPower

JPower

Male
Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty11/22/2008, 12:03 am

Not to be a bother, but is the show going up soon?
Back to top Go down
http://jackpowerx.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)   Match Preview (11/22/08 Show) Empty

Back to top Go down

Match Preview (11/22/08 Show)
Page 1 of 1